The Girl Boss Playlist You Didn’t Know You Needed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Her Campus at UVic is celebrating all of the strong, powerful ladies out there with a week entirely dedicated to being a girl boss. We thought the best way to set the tone of the week is with a kick-ass playlist, so check these songs out and read through this weeks empowering articles.

1. “Dead” by Madison Beer

Ever just been this done with someone? This song pretty much embodies the idea of not giving a single sh*t.  

2. “New Rules” by Dua Lipa

I suggest that, while listening to the chorus, you scream it progressively louder. Trust me, it’s good for the soul.

3. “Cool Girl” by Tove Lo

Who ever said being an ice queen was a bad thing?

4. “Hell of a Girl” by Grace

Let’s be honest, even the best of us have been screwed over once or twice. I’m fairly certain Karma is a girl boss, too.

5. “Homemade Dynamite” by Lorde

If Lorde’s hair makes you want to be her, this song will make you want to be her best friend.

6. “Say My Name” by Tove Styrke

If this song doesn’t bring out your inner sex goddess, I’m not sure what will!

7. “Sorry Not Sorry” by Demi Lovato

Just like Demi, I believe that you shouldn’t have to make apologizes for being a badass.

8. “You’re Such A” by Hailee Steinfeld

Put on some headphones and rock out with this song: it’s great for strutting down the street.

9. “Reaper” by Sia

I want this song to play after I destroy the patriarchy.

10. “Free” by Rudimental ft. Emeli Sande

This is probably the best song to play in your car on the way to work, an interview, or a date. It’s an instant mood booster and will make you want to soar.

What is your favourite song that makes you feel like a girl boss? Let us know in the comments below!

Meet Rachel Watson! Originally from Prince George, she moved to Victoria to start her undergraduate degree in 2016 and is now in her fourth year. Rachel's major is linguistics and she is pursuing a minor in psychology. She is elated to be one of the two Campus Correspondents for her lovely chapter at the University of Victoria.
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison