Wellness > Sex + Relationships

The Five Guys You’ll Sleep With in Uni

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

1. The Bro

He’s not quite a fuck boy, but he is for the boys. His daily uniform is joggers, a T-shirt, and a baseball hat. Saturdays are for the boys, but he always ends up in your bed at the end of the night. He loves after-sex cuddles and probably wants you to be his girlfriend, but he’ll never tell you that, though. He’s far too concerned with the boys thinking he’s “whipped” (you can’t believe he still uses the term). The Bro is fun for a while, but eventually, a lack of personality kicks him off your roster.

2. The Artist

He’s lanky and kind of awkward, but in a cute and charming way. He’s majoring in art history, history, or maybe even creative writing. He probably wears hipster glasses, even though his eyesight is fine. He’ll probably want to read you poetry while you lie naked in bed. This boy will bring a whole new meaning to the phrase “go deeper.” The Artist will compliment your eyes and call you beautiful, but make no mistake—these boys are usually freaks in the sheets. He won’t use a term like “fuck buddy” or “friend with benefits.” Instead, he’ll let you know that he’s just enjoying being in your presence and exploring what you two have.

3. The Fuck Boy

We all saw this one coming. Or should we say cumming, because he will first. Every. Single. Time. This one is usually too attractive for anyone’s good. He’s probably studying business and has finessed his way into your bedroom. It’s not until you’ve actually started to fall for his charm that you hear about him trying to sleep with your best friend or second cousin. He definitely peaked in high school, but no one will tell him that. Your relationship with the fuck boy usually ends with you kicking them out of your bed, changing your number, and shedding a few tears over a tub of ice cream.

4. The International Student

He’s foreign and soon leaving the country—and if that isn’t enough appeal, he also has a sexy accent. The International Student has probably come from Paris, or London, or somewhere else romantic. He wears knit sweaters that look more like a dress on you, but you’ll steal them anyway. You might like this guy or you might not, but it doesn’t really matter, because it can’t last. Sleeping with the International Student is the definition of a fling. Embrace it while you still can.

5. The Sweet One

This boy is nothing but genuine. You might not be super into him at first, but that’s only because you don’t trust that the charm isn’t a temporary facade. Not only is the sex good, but he’s good to you. He wants to meet your friends and likes going out with you. Pillow talk is no longer an awkward necessity, and is instead full of laughter and discussions about the universe. It’s not long before you realize you’re not just sleeping with the Sweet One—you’re dating him. The ball is in your court for this one, and you just might score.

This article was compiled by the Her Campus at UVic team or published anonymously by one of our writers or a UVic student. If you'd like to submit an article you can contact us at u-vic@hercampus.com.