This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.
Calder is someone you would see on campus and definitely give a second take to —and whether that’s because of his luscious hair, or bursting charisma, we’ll never know! If you see Calder on campus be sure to strike up a conversation about fitness, public speaking, or Pocahontas.

YEAR 5th year

MAJOR Math

HOMETOWN Born in Scotland, but Calgary

ACTIVITIES Vikes Nation Ambassador, Toastmasters, fitness, guitar, reading

RELATIONSHIP STATUS Taken

HC: If you had to live without a limb, which would you give up?
Left arm, I would want to still run. I can still work out most of my body.

HC: Name a discipline that you would go into other than your own.
I would be a musician, travelling the world, meeting people and performing.

HC: What advice would you to give your younger self?
Don’t play video games, what a waste of time!

HC: Who would you be if you could be a Disney princess at Disneyland?
Pocahontas. Does she count as a Disney Princess? If not, I’d be the first.

HC: If you could take credit for inventing something what would be?
Sailboat.

HC: What’s your favourite drink?
Alcoholic: Gin and tonic right now
Non-alcoholic: Coconut water

HC: What’s your dream facial hair?
Fu Manchu, that’d be awesome.

HC: Name your favourite lighting fixture.
Strobe light, wait I change my mind. I want to be a disco ball.

HC: You’re on death row, what’s your final meal?
Cotton candy, oh wait no. I want a pizza buffet. Everything in the form of pizza.

HC: Name a talent that no one knows you have.
Singing, something like that. When I play guitar I sing.

HC: If you were in a movie, what genre would that movie be?
Adventure, no rom-com. You have to write rom com not romantic comedy.

HC: What’s your opinion of seagulls?
They suck. Except for the short story Jonathan Livingston Seagull. I guess they kind of clean up our garbage. They have some function.

HC: What’s your favourite part about Vikes nation?
Meeting new people. Working with Femi.

HC: What is your dream kitchen countertop?
Dark granite, almost a black or a really dark grey. Fine grain.

HC: Name an artist you would be embarrassed to admit you love.
Katy Perry.

HC: Would you rather be a leaf fallen from a tree, on the ground, potentially travelling the world, living dangerously, or would you rather be on the branch still, 
holding on, but safe, surrounded by your leaf friends?
I want to be flying in the wind.
Originally from Richmond, British Colmbia, Jasmine Yadeta is a forth-year student at the Univeristy of Victoria. She is studying for a BSc in Psychology and Computer Science and is Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UVic. She enjoys breakfast related food items (but let's be honest, who doesn't?), movies, and salivating when in close proximety to baked goods. When not writing for HC, she loves volunteering on and off of campus, cooking with wine, and awing at the occasional puppy. She is constanly sassy, highly motivated and drinks an immense amount of coffee.
Femi Tunde-Oladepo is in her final year at the University of Victoria where she is studying at the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. After her undergrad, Femi hopes to read law and master French, Spanish and Italian. She is an active volunteer in her community and enjoys working with the Rotaract Club on campus. Having filled numerous notebooks as a child, Femi adores writing — especially short stories. She likes to dance (spontaneously), listen to all genres of music, laugh loudly and be the sassiest person in a room. In her spare time, Femi likes to window shop online, go for runs and reorganize spaces. One day, Femi hopes to perfect the art of soft pretzels. Follow her on Instagram @femzieb to see her attempts at being artsy and pensive.