nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

5 Thing Every Girl Boss Needs for the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

As hot girl summer fades away and hot girl scholar kicks into high gear, its time to get your Girl Boss on. It’s not easy to juggle all the roles a Girl Boss plays but here are five absolute essentials for every bad-ass lady doing it all. 

1. A Leather Backpack

Gone are the days of canvas backpacks that make you feel like a preteen being shuffled out the door by your mom on the first day of school. You’re about to take over the world and you need a bag that can take you straight from class to business meetings and beyond. While it might be a splurge, no one can deny the quality of Matt and Nat and the vegan, cruelty-free, recycled material will leave your conscience clear. 

2. A Cute Planner 

Praise be to the planners that actually make you want to be organized. As a Girl Boss your life is planned by the hour and there are products designed to make scheduling feel more beautiful than burdening. My go-to is Bando, their planners are packed with stickers, pockets, and art that’ll make your heart flutter. Psst, if you have big spring break plans already, they also make travel planners.

3. Versatile Booties

A classic black boot can do no wrong. Now repeat that in your mind long enough to get over the cost! A small heel makes you look professional, all while being functional and fashionable. These Steve Madden booties check all the boxes but lots of other brands carry similar options!

4. Reusable Mug

All my friends will tell you that I talk about reusable mugs far too often! Whether you’re fuelled by coffee or tea, we all have our vice and we should do our best to limit the impact on the environment while we indulge. KeepCups are beautiful to hold and not too bad to look at either.

5. Budgeting App 

You might be used to doing everything yourself but it’s nice to have a helping hand—especially when it comes to something as important as money. As a Girl Boss you have big plans for your future and those big plans likely include having a bit of cash in your pocket. Let an app like You Need A Budget take the reigns. This app lets you plan your budget based around your income. You can sync your bank accounts on both mobile and desktop interfaces. Long story short, GET THAT BREAD and manage that bread.

Doing it all is never easy but it is the life of a Girl Boss. Now that you know how to set yourself up for success, get out and take over the world! 

1/2/3/4/5/6

Meet Rachel Watson! Originally from Prince George, she moved to Victoria to start her undergraduate degree in 2016 and is now in her fourth year. Rachel's major is linguistics and she is pursuing a minor in psychology. She is elated to be one of the two Campus Correspondents for her lovely chapter at the University of Victoria.
Carly Grabher is in her fifth year of Creative Writing at The University of Victoria with a minor in Gender Studies. She is the Campus Correspondent of the UVic chapter and has been a contributing writer and editor with Her Campus for four years. In addition to writing articles, Carly formerly danced and worked at Canada's National Ballet School, redesigned the website for The University of Victoria Faculty Association, and worked as the communications and events assistant with UVic's Co-operative Education Program and Career Services.