priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash

24 Ways to Spread the Love This Valentine’s Day Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Everyone deserves a little love around Valentine’s day, so Her Campus at UVic teamed up with the philanthropic organization, Generocksity Victoria, to bring you some ideas of simple ways to show the people around you how much you care.

1. Bring your friends snacks while they are studying.

2. Send your friends cute animal gifs.

3. Text someone you haven’t talked to in a while.

4. Clean the house for your roommates.

5. Hold the door open for others.

6. Take your siblings or parents out for lunch just to catch up.

7. Leave cute notes around your house for your roommates.

8. Clean out your room and donate all the things that you don’t use or need anymore.

9. Tag your friends in funny memes.

10. Compliment a stranger.

11. Let the manager know if you receive great customer service.

12. Like or share someone’s social media post.

13. Offer to help your friends study, even if you are not in their class.

14. Shovel your neighbor’s driveway if it is snowing.

15. Let someone into your lane when you’re driving.

16. Buy lunch for someone living on the street.

17. Put down your phone when you’re hanging out with others.

18. Cook dinner for your friends or roommates.

19. Send your long distance best friend a care package.

20. Make a point of telling your friends and family what you love about them.

21. Make personalized playlists for your friends.

22. Give lots of hugs.

23. Join the Generocksity “Good Deeds” Facebook group and spend an afternoon volunteering with them

24. Follow Generocksity on Facebook and Instagram for updates about upcoming fundraising events.

Leave a comment below to let us know what you’re doing to spread the love!

Jess is from Calgary, Alberta, but studies English literature and business at UVic. After her degree, she hopes to pursue a career in the Entertainment Industry. Some of her favourite things are Wes Anderson films, cute coffee mugs and costume parties. When she's not studying or writing for HC, she is usually watching movies, playing soccer or exploring Victoria! 
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison