12 Thoughts You Have When it Comes to Working Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

The holidays are over and you may find yourself dreading the idea of working out. It was so much easier to stuff your face with those gingerbread men, candy canes and other festive treats instead of picking up those weights or running on that treadmill for 30 minutes but it’s important to be healthy. Here’s a list of the things that go through your mind before, during and after a workout at the gym.

1. I don’t want to get off this couch; Netflix counts as a marathon right?

2. Is it socially acceptable to wear pjs to the gym?

3. Does lifting a cookie off a plate count as lifting a weight?

4. Just one more episode. Then I’ll go.

5. I’m actually kind of hungry, I should eat first. Oooh McDonald’s.

6. No. I’ll work out for an hour then spend the night marathoning Netflix.

7. Phew. Okay. 30 minutes of cardio. Stairmaster.

8. My body is burning.

9. Weights. Kill me.

10. My arms are noodles.

11. I promise to work out more so I never feel this sore ever again.

12. NETFLIX HERE I COME!

I'm a second year student who loves to write, read, and do anything creative. There's nothing like spending a night relaxing and watching Netflix. Beyonce is everything. "I don't have to prove anything to anyone, I only have to follow my heart, and concentrate on what I want to say to the world. I run my world." - Beyonce
Femi Tunde-Oladepo is in her final year at the University of Victoria where she is studying at the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. After her undergrad, Femi hopes to read law and master French, Spanish and Italian. She is an active volunteer in her community and enjoys working with the Rotaract Club on campus. Having filled numerous notebooks as a child, Femi adores writing — especially short stories. She likes to dance (spontaneously), listen to all genres of music, laugh loudly and be the sassiest person in a room. In her spare time, Femi likes to window shop online, go for runs and reorganize spaces. One day, Femi hopes to perfect the art of soft pretzels. Follow her on Instagram @femzieb to see her attempts at being artsy and pensive.