10 Thoughts You Have When You’re Not Returning to Class This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Whether you are taking a semester off to travel, doing a co-op work term, or recently graduated, there are many thoughts that run through your mind when you are not going back to class this fall. I am in this situation, and here are some of the thoughts that went through my brain this September.

1. I can still go back-to-school shopping even if I’m not going back to school, right?

2. Man, I am going to save so much money!

3. I can read books other than textbooks now!

4.  So many “welcome back” emails – did no one get the memo that I’m going away?

5. Is it weird that I miss being back in class?

6. I’ve got so much free time!

7. What day is it? What month are we in? …I’ve lost all sense of time.

8. Wait! I’m actually going to enjoy the lead up to Christmas instead of stressing about finals!

9. Where are my friends? Oh, right, I guess they have to study.

10. Haha… those suckers

Taking this semester off? Let me know what went through your mind as everyone else is heading back to class.

Kate is a linguistics major at the University of Victoria. Although she is only 22 years old, Kate is truly a granny at heart. She could not imagine a world in which sweaters, dogs, coffee, and brunch did not exist. In her spare time Kate likes to create inspirational quotes to live by. Her quote of the moment is "Life is a party and I have the streamers!"
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison