The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Edited by Megan Cambruzzi

The girls that get it … get it. Let’s finally talk about it: minimalism is here and she is thriving! You’ve seen the vibe all over socials, such as TikTok, while users coined it with the term “clean girl aesthetic,” since it’s basically your Pinterest board IRL. This look screams classy, calm, innocent, chill, and most importantly fresh. You’re just that girl, period.

It’s all about looking put together with minimal effort, that it gives a sort of model-off-duty look; like a spin on Hailey Bieber and Kendall Jenner’s vibe, if you will. Personally, I love everything about it since it embraces natural beauty from less makeup, effortless groomed hair, basics and neutrals (God I hate colour).

The best thing about this is that it’s SO customizable; add your own flair to it. This era is here to stay and a great way to switch up your style and energy if you’re looking for an effortless approach to fashion or you just did a closet cleanout for the new year and only have basics left to style!

get into it:

dewy makeup

This style embraces natural skin from texture to birthmarks and what makes us who we are. Using lightweight products and just fewer products in general help create a fresh face that feels free and not so weighed down in products to hide our skin. Some key factors are using a glow-based primer to get that glow, tinted moisturizer to get a base coverage that feels like skin, cream-based products (from blush to contour), lengthening mascara, brow gel and a lip gloss. No matte products allowed! Totally kidding but use what feels right for you; ultimately, you want to be a glowing star. 

Photo credit @Diorbeauty on Instagram
Sleek hair

Hair is a key staple for this look as it just ties it all together. Usually, the styles opted for are anything sleek, tied back, pushed back and neat. These are either low or high buns, half ups, ponytails—honestly anything that just looks maintained. For flyaways or baby hairs you can try a pomade or any gel-based product. 

Photo credit @Cinziabayliszullo on Instagram
basics + neutrals

Name a better duo…Neutrals are everything for this style, but of course, you can play around with whatever looks good to you! Matching sets like sweatsuits (check out Artizia’s selection of the cosiest pieces) are cute or even styling a monochrome outfit will look so put together, but secretly effortless. Having staple basics like white tees, light washed denim and casual white shoes like the classic Air Force 1, gives you so much potential to work with. Layering pieces like blazers, crewnecks and turtlenecks are awesome to have for these winter months.

Photo credit @Maggiemacdonald on Instagram
Dainty jewellery

Accessories are a must! Gold dainty pieces (and silver of course) are a hit right now and I recently bought a pair of classic everyday hoops from Mejuri and I’m obsessed! All things hoops are in right now—any size, whether chunky or small. Stack some rings, grab a necklace or two and you’re set. Any staple jewellery piece you have just adds an extra touch to your look and makes it seem like you tried.

Photo credit @Mejuri / @Niinakatariinas on Instagram
signature scent

Scents are essential, not just for this aesthetic but also for everyday life. As girls, we love our perfumes but try searching for one that gives off the fresh, clean and sophisticated vibe. Try searching for literal keywords like “clean” or “bath,” or opt for the classics like vanilla or a light beachy scent. Everyone is different; not every scent works for everyone but take your time and nail down your signature aura. 

Photo credit @Byrosiejane on Instagram
Eboni is in her final year of studying journalism and minoring in media and film studies at the University of Toronto. With a love for all things music, fashion and wellness; Eboni is excited to share her passion for writing by unleashing her creativity and expressing herself to others. In her everyday life she focuses on fitness, indulging in a good book, taking photos and exploring new city spots (food related of course!)