This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Have you ever wanted to plan your own event but was never offered the chance to do so?

Well, your thoughts have been heard, and the Hart House Literary and Library Committee is offering University of Toronto students and Hart House members an opportunity to create their own literary-centered event at Hart House during spring 2016.

That’s right! Until Tuesday, December 8th, you can submit your ideal event—and, if selected, you can be granted up to $300 for execution and creation!

The form can be found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NPxt1eo9rZKQRN3kcs2D1SnIC86zo3tbLyxsdeys9ZY/viewform

You’re only required to answer 6 questions, including creating a (tentative) name for the event, the type of the event and how you plan on distributing costs. You’re also expected to explain how your event works into the Hart House Vision Statement: “Hart House is a living laboratory of social, artistic, cultural and recreational experiences where all voices, rhythms and traditions converge. As the vibrant home for the education of mind, body and spirit envisioned by its founders, Hart House encourages and supports activities that provide spaces for awakening the capacity for self-knowledge and self-expression.”

But for just a few minutes of your time, you too can CREATE YOUR OWN EVENT.

Shuyin Yu

U Toronto

Shuyin is currently studying at the University of Toronto in the northern land of Canada. She specializes in English with a minor in Creative Expressions and spends her free time reading, writing, and being confused at other people. She has a passion for poetry, a soft spot for kittens, and a crippling caffeine addiction. Between her insanely complicated Starbucks drinks, ungodly large David’s Tea collection, she can be seen running around the St. George Campus, trying to figure out where her classes are. Luckily, she spends a good amount of her time in Graham Library and Hart House so she can always be found between the rich wood settings as she types away on her laptop. She also manages the social media outlets for the UToronto chapter, and is working on her GRE's while trying to boost her GPA. Besides working on a short story collection and a series of poetry for the past year, she occasionally freelances for the various papers and journals around campus. If she's staring at you, she's just people watching for inspiration. Maybe one day, she will be able to write full time--until then she’s moving full steam ahead towards graduate schools.