samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Feeling the stress as essays are piling up and exams are approaching? Look around the green spaces around you to shake off that anxiety and stress!

The therapeutic and calming effects that green spaces have on us is well heard of. Luckily enough for us, our campus has many green spaces to allow us to destress and chill out. I’ve taken a few pictures of the 2 most prominent green spaces in the St George campus and would love to share them with you. One of them features the living wall in the exam centre. The other one (my favourite), the mini bamboo garden over at the Terrence Donnelly Centre. Now you know where you can take a break in while you’re in school! :)

Green/living wall (Exam Centre)

255 McCaul Street 

Bamboo Garden (Terrence Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research)

160 College Street

Hey there! I'm Miriam and I'm an exchange student from Singapore who is studying in the University of Toronto for a semester. I'm passionate about travelling, writing and eating and I'm definitely having THE time of my life right here in Toronto :)
Lucian Wang is an Editor with HerCampus UToronto, after starting out as a Writer in his first year. He is currently double majoring in Political Science, along with Biodiversity and Conservation Biology. Apparently you can do that. Along with HerCampus, he is also involved with the University of Toronto Pre-Law Society as its Vice-President - a little more vice than president.  He hopes to pursue law school after he completes his undergraduate degree. He enjoys listening to music (consisting largely of an unhealthy fascination with Taylor Swift), looking damn good in a suit, and spending far too much time staring at his pet turtle. He does not enjoy walking or the beach, so long walks there are out of the question.