This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Edited by Tasmiyah Randeree

Picture this: you’re at TGI Fridays with your friends. You’ve just had a long week and you’re happy to be out and about. The waiter hands you a menu and you ask yourself, “What could I eat that won’t make me feel bad and full of regret later on?” The answer usually is, not a lot.

So I’ve tried to pull together a few healthy options you can pick when eating out without feeling like you’re feeding yourself junk.

Chipotle: Veggie Burrito

This is by far one of the easiest places to eat healthy as it follows a build-your-meal system. The next time you’re at Chipotle, ask for a vegetarian burrito with brown rice, black or pinto beans, all the veggies you want, chili-corn salsa and most importantly corn tortillas. This small change makes you consume fewer calories and sodium but its still flavourful!

Denny’s: Fit Slam Breakfast

A classic Denny’s breakfast is always on the menu but if you’re trying to stay healthy, order the Fit Slam Breakfast. It includes vegetables and a good amount of protein to start the day. The side dish of salsa does tend to have high levels of sodium but everything in moderation is what I like to say! 

Pizza Hut: Veggie Lover’s

Quick fact, pizza is actually a pretty healthy dish when made properly and yes, to be fair, Pizza Hut will always make great but greasy pizza. But if you do want to feel better about your eating choice, go for the Thin ’n Crispy Crust or the Gluten-Free Crust and take the Veggie Lover’s pizza. It has greens so it has to be healthy, right?

TGI Fridays: Sizzling Chicken/Meat & Spinach

Yeah, I know what you’re thinking. There’s no way that you can order anything remotely healthy from TGI Fridays! But the Sizzling Chicken & Spinach is the perfect choice for anyone whos out with friends and wants to feel no regret when dining out. It’s also really delicious!

Images: 

Image 1 

Image2

Image 3

Image 4 

Image 5

Carolina Núñez

U Toronto '22

I am Carolina Nunez. I am a first-year international student at Univerisity of Toronto in Rotman Commerce, pursuing a management specialization. Writing, recording and sharing with people are essential in my life. I seek all the time to get out of my comfort and have great stories to tell. I am passionate about business, people, reading and learning.