This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

The leaves have begun to change, and the weather has changed from cool to cold. Fall has officially arrived, and you may want to change your music to something more tranquil and serene to complement the autumn vibe.

There are so many songs that fit the feeling of the cool breeze or the soft, falling leaves, as well as so many new artists and genres to discover. While you may not change your playlist on a regular basis, the seasonal transition is the best time to try something different.

If you’re looking for some inspo for your fall playlists, look no further!  Here are some of my favorite songs that perfectly capture that warm, fuzzy fall feeling. 

“Natural”  by Shelly

Shelly, a four–piece band formed in the midst of the pandemic, has just two songs available thus far. But given that the band consists of bedroom pop sensation Clairo, along with talented artists Claud, Noa Frances Getzug, and Josh Mehling, they’re definitely destined to produce more good music. With such talented members, it’s no surprise that this song is a certified bop. 

“we fell in love in october” by girl in red

This song is basically a wholesome love story. “we fell in love in october” wraps up all the calming feelings of autumn together with the feeling of a first crush and young romance. Many people are only familiar with girl in red because of this song, but adding it to your playlist will definitely give you an incentive to check out the rest of her discography.

“Don’t Wanna” by HAIM

Even though fall is traditionally a season of letting go and focusing on change, this song by HAIM — one of my favorite bands ever — is still one of my go-to’s to get into the fall mood. It’s about not wanting to say goodbye to someone you care about. It serves as a subtle reminder that while some things are better left behind, others are better to hold on to. Plus, the guitar riffs and vocals are super fun to dance to.

“Home”– by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

If you enjoy music with folk influence, “Home” is the perfect song for you. The song plays out as a conversation between two lovers about their families, lifestyles, and finally, how they fell in love with one other. The overarching theme is that home can be wherever you want it to be as long as you’re among those you care about. 

“Yellow” by Coldplay

While Coldplay is now a household name in the music business, they were only a little band getting their start in the early 2000s. “Yellow” was one of their breakout singles that propelled them to stardom. The song has a soothing, tranquil tone that will get you in all of your fall feels. 

“Sweater Weather” by The Neighbourhood 

The Neighbourhood is one of the best at embodying that fall vibe, and their “bisexual anthem” — as TikTok has dubbed it — is no exception. “Sweater Weather” is just mournful enough to encapsulate autumn, but it still has hints of joy and romance that make it a timeless song to fall in love with year after year. 

“The Night We Met” by Lord Huron

“The Night We Met” is another song with folk overtones, but this one will definitely bring out your more emotional side. This song describes the story of a shattered relationship and the resulting regrets. This song, or anything by Lord Huron, is a great pick if you ever want to get in your feels and spend the night cuddled up in bed. 

From Now On” by The Features

There might be a lot to criticize about the “Twilight” movies, but you can’t claim the soundtracks aren’t masterpieces. To be honest, all five movie soundtracks remind me of autumn and have some incredibly memorable tunes. Some of my other faves from the soundtracks are “Rosyln” by Bon Iver & St. Vincent, “Supermassive Black Hole” by Muse, and “Flightless Bird, American Mouth” by Iron & Wine, but really, you can’t go wrong with any song from the soundtracks.

“Campus” by Vampire Weekend 

Even though this song was released in 2008, it’s resurfaced due to a TikTok trend. Vampire Weekend has a number of great songs, but “Campus” is particularly addictive. It’s a fast–paced, unrequited love story set at Columbia University, where the band members attended college. It’s a great tune to listen to when power-walking around campus.

The arrival of autumn is the best time to check out some new artists and songs that may not have been on your radar. Many people identify the fall season with warm sentiments and cool evenings, and each of these tunes invokes similar emotions. If you’re looking for anything to get you in the mood for autumn, these musicians and songs will do just the trick.

Aidah is a freshman at the University of Pennsylvania. She is a planning on majoring in Biology.