element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Get a Head Start on Your Holiday Shopping – The Top Gifts for 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

The day after Halloween is the unofficial beginning of the holiday season, so it’s time to start thinking about holiday gifts! This has been an unprecedented year of working and attending classes from home, and people are venturing out a lot less. With that in mind, your gift list and the gifts you give will probably also look a bit different this year. Look no further for some great ideas for your holiday shopping, whether you’re buying for yourself or somebody else!

Ugg’s “Fluff Yeah Slide”

This slipper-sandal combo is hands-down the most comfortable pair of shoes you’ll ever own. The fuzzy slippers provide the typical comfort expected from Ugg products, and the added sandal strap in the back ensures that the shoes stay on your feet.  

The Fluff Yeah shoes come in a variety of colors and patterns, ranging from black to leopard print to bright red. Whether you’re wearing them around the house or slipping them on to run a few errands, definitely add these to your gift list as a wardrobe staple. Or, if you’re feeling generous, gift these to a friend or family member who will undoubtedly thank you for one of the best gifts they’ve ever received. 

The Comfy

Originally launched on Shark Tank, this gift is perfect for all ages; it’s essentially a wearable blanket. It’s extremely oversized, meant to be worn as a cozy addition to your favorite loungewear or pajamas at home. The Comfy is perfect to wear while warming up after coming inside from the cold or while snuggling up on the couch to watch a movie. However you decide to use it, you can’t go wrong. This is a fail-safe gift for anyone!

Gravity Blanket

Stress and anxiety levels are higher than ever in these chaotic times. With heightened anxiety often comes difficulty sleeping. The gravity blanket is available in multiple sizes and three different weights (it’s recommended to choose a blanket that is approximately 10% of your body weight) to provide a form of deep pressure therapy, which can help to reduce anxiety, calm restlessness, and induce restful sleep. This blanket is a must to help maintain peaceful slumber and a relaxed state of mind.

Voluspa Candle Set

This gift not only adds a gorgeous aesthetic to your home, it also smells heavenly. This set of 12 small candles contains scents like Goji Tarocco Orange, Baltic Amber, and Japanese Plum Bloom; there’s a candle for everyone! With such a variety of scents, it will satisfy all candle lovers, regardless of their preferences. These candles can be used as a decorative touch or for their relaxing and delicious scents.

Calm Gift Card

Meditation has become one of the most popular activities for stress-release. This gift card gives you a one-year subscription to Calm, one of the most notable meditation apps, which provides access to their entire library of meditations, stories, music, and other features.

Calm has features that teach you how to meditate, help you get a better night’s sleep, provide you with music and nature sounds for focus or relaxation, and guide you through stretching and mindful movement. The versatility of the app is what makes it such a great gift. The subscription can be used for such a variety of helpful things – you can’t go wrong with this gift.

This gift is both useful and thoughtful, because it shows whoever you’re gifting it to that you care about their emotional and mental well-being.

You can’t go wrong with any of these gifts. Whether you pick them out for yourself or you choose to gift them to someone else, you are sure to make someone very happy this holiday season. 

Rachel is a first year student at UPenn. She is planning to double major in Communications and Health & Societies. She is from Long Island, New York. She loves celebrity gossip, everything health and fitness related, and a great book.