5 Thanksgiving Themed Treats to Sweeten Up Your Dinner Table

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. With food, family, and quality relaxation time, it’s always such a fun experience. Obviously, Thanksgiving dinner is one of the most iconic parts of the holiday, with its classic turkey, stuffing, and enough sides to give you a huge food baby by the end of the night. Even though dinner is a staple, it’s also fun to make your own treats for a party or just to munch on with your family and friends. Here are some of my favorite Thanksgiving-themed treats!

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Turkeys

You heard that name right — a chocolate covered strawberry turkey! This is one of my favorite treats because it’s easy to make and fits in perfectly with a Thanksgiving theme. You just need strawberries, chocolate, pretzels, and mini marshmallows. The strawberry already has a somewhat “turkey” shape – you just need to add little pretzel and marshmallow legs before dipping it in chocolate. Easy, delicious, and a fun take on a classic treat!

Chocolate Acorns

If you’re looking for something simple to make, this is perfect. Grab a box of Nilla wafers, a few chocolate Kisses, and some chocolate chips, and you’re good to go! These adorable mini acorns are perfect not only as a Thanksgiving treat, but as an autumn snack too. The delicious wafer paired with the chocolate is a classic flavor combination. It’s also no-bake, so you can get your younger siblings or cousins involved! 

Turkey Snack Board

We’ve mostly focused on sweeter treats so far, so here’s a more savory snack. This is a Thanksgiving take on a charcuterie or snack board. The ingredients for this one are more up to you — pick your choice of cheese, fruits, veggies, etc., and arrange them on a board in the shape of a turkey’s feathers. Then, arrange your turkey’s “head.” This recipe uses a pear, but honestly any similarly shaped food will do. Add  some “eyes” and a “beak” and you’re done! It’s simple and perfect for sharing during a dinner party.

Rice Krispie Turkey Legs

If you love Rice Krispies, here’s a fun take on the classic recipe for Thanksgiving! All you’ll need is Rice Krispies cereal, butter, pretzel rods, marshmallows, and chocolate. It’s simple too — just make Rice Krispies and shape them into turkey legs with your pretzel rods. 

I love making these kinds of treats with my family, because they’re easy and a great way to spend quality time with each other!

Turkey Oreo Balls

This is probably the hardest treat to make on this list, but I promise it’s not that difficult. The ingredients are Oreos, cream cheese, chocolate, candy corn, candy eyes, and Reese’s pieces. If you don’t like candy corn, you can substitute it with pretzels or some other food that can be shaped to resemble turkey feathers! Oreo balls are such a yummy treat, and this is a cute Thanksgiving twist. If you love chocolate, these are the best!

If you’re feeling like making some treats over break, hopefully these recipes inspire you a bit. Even if you don’t make any of these, I hope you have a fun–filled Thanksgiving! Take some time off, eat some good food, and have a great time :)

Dhatri is a freshman at the University of Pennsylvania who is majoring in Networked and Social Systems Engineering. She's from Michigan, but she's super excited to be spending the next four years in Philly. When she isn't journaling or cooking, you can probably find her somewhere eating ice cream, painting her nails, and listening to Ariana Grande.