This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

Now that spring is finally here, it’s time for a fresh start. As the trees start to blossom and flowers begin to bloom, now is the perfect time to put away your softer winter makeup shades and replace them with something more lively. Winter products tend to be very heavy and moisturizing and; however, as we transition into the warmer months, you can switch to lighter formulas and add pops of color. 

Fenty Beauty Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint

As we go into another spring and summer of our new normal, masks are still a prevalent part of our lives. Lighter base products are best–suited for longer weartime under your mask. This new skin tint from Fenty Beauty is perfect for a spring and summertime base. 

The finish of this lightweight formula is truly skin–like and almost undetectable on the skin. You can still build this up for a medium coverage if that’s your desired look. The liquid formula sinks into the skin and melts away, leaving behind a perfect, my–skin–but–better type finish. 

This is a breathable formulation that will last all day under your mask—so, you will never need to worry about clumping or the product moving around on your face.You can go do all the fun warm weather activities you want without having to fix your makeup.

Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush

Sticking with cream products, this Rare Beauty liquid blush is a perfect way to add some life back into your complexion. Don’t be fooled by the traditional reputation of cream products and the assumption that they have sheer pigmentation. This specific formula is extremely strong in terms of color payoff and will build up fast. Make sure to use a light hand because a little goes a very long way. 

This is an easy, breezy formula that you can apply with your fingers, a sponge, or even a brush. It is also versatile; you can use it to create many different looks. The shades of this blush are unique and refreshing for the spring and summertime, but you can also stick with neutrals if you prefer.

Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Highlighter Wand

Recently, the Madison Beer Vogue Beauty Secrets video has gotten popular across many different social media platforms, especially TikTok. In this tutorial, Beer uses the Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Highlighter Wand in the shade Spotlight, which is a champagne gold color. 

This is another cream product that’s very blendable and leaves the skin looking youthful and glowy. The formula of this highlight is very low maintenance and doesn’t require precise application to give you an unbelievable glow.

Kaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Eyeshadow Trio

Springtime means color! A fun way to experiment with fun colors in your makeup can be with your eyes. You can easily switch out your everyday neutrals for a brighter pop of color. 

These Kaja Beauty Bento Eyeshadows are a great option if you aren’t looking to invest in a whole new eyeshadow palette, but still want to test out some new colors. Each trio comes with some unique matte and shimmer shades that act as great base shadows or sparkly toppers. You can use this product alongside your winter basics to create an elevated eye look for spring.

Colourpop Cry Baby Liner

Last but certainly not least, trade your black or brown liner for a fun spring pastel color! This is another approachable way to add some flare to your basic look and celebrate that spring has come anew! Colourpop has so many different options, from liquid to gel to even potted formulas, and they have almost every color you can think of. Their lilac color liner is a cool and bright shade perfect for the spring. 

These five recommendations can provide the new products you need for a fresh start this spring. Just because we’re still going to be wearing masks for another season, doesn’t mean we can’t have some fun with it and enjoy the warmth. Try some color and have fun!

Minjee Cho

U Penn '23

Minjee is a junior at the University of Pennsylvania studying biology. She is from Malvern, Pennsylvania and loves golfing, cooking, and makeup. She is also very passionate about journalism and women's empowerment.