This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

I’ll be the first to admit that I love a good, binge-worthy TV show. I’ve gone through Teen Wolf, Gossip Girl, Jane the Virgin, and so many more. It’s an addiction, clicking “next episode” until Netflix asks if I’m still watching… Twice in one sitting. So when CW announced that they were to be making a series adaptation of “Betty and Veronica” I thought, “well here we go again.”

The first season was great! I enjoyed it as a whole, with some weird, but ignorable, plot holes. The ending was strong, the acting was comical (can we talk about Kevin’s face in the end reveal?), and the singing was… Well, I try not to think too hard about the singing. But overall, totally what I expected out of the show.

The second season, however… There’s just so much. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve told myself it’s not worth it, only to binge three episodes in a row at midnight. For real, what’s the plot? What’s happening? Every episode has like eight different subplots rolled into one but I can’t seem to understand? What? Why? Who is that? Is that minor character important? Why is Betty’s mom wearing that dress and thinking it was a good choice? Help?

In summation, this show is a disaster. I’m obsessed. I will continue watching it and will continue complaining the entire time.

Bonus content: the terrible, no good, very bad cover of “Milkshake” here. I commend you if you’re able to get through the whole thing. Do better, CW, please.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, video