This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Have you ever gotten lost in the dark black hole that is movie trailers on Youtube? That is me. All the time. It means I already know all the movies during the previews at the movie theatre and am excited about the obscure indie films recently added to Netflix. Here are a few of the interesting trailers I found for upcoming movies you can start getting excited about.

Lady Bird

The Basics: The adventures of a young woman living in Northern California for a year.

Starring: Saoirse Ronan, Laurie Metcalf

Release Date: November 3, 2017 

Why I Want to See it: Saoirse Ronan is one of my top girl crushes plus the movie looks like a comedic take on coming of age.

Check out the trailer here

Tomb Raider

The Basics: Lara Croft, the fiercely independent daughter of a missing adventurer, must push herself beyond her limits when she finds herself on the island where her father disappeared.

Starring: Alicia Vikander

Release Date: March 16, 2018

Why I Want to See It: I’ve heard great things about Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft and the trailer just looks kick-ass.

Check out the trailer here

Downsizing

The Basics: A social satire in which a guy realizes he would have a better life if he were to shrink himself.

Starring: Matt Damon, Kristen Wiig

Release Date: December 22, 2017

Why I Want to See it: I love the concept behind the movie, I can’t wait to see how it plays out.

Check out the trailer here

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

The Basics: A housewife in the early 1960s decides to become a stand-up comic.

Starring: Rachel Brosnahan

Release Date: March 17, 2018

Why I Want to See it: Just based on the trailer I can tell it is going to be hilarious and I love anything set in the past. It is also a TV show so that means something new to see every week.

Check out the trailer here

Rebel in the Rye

The Basics: The life of celebrated but reclusive author, J.D. Salinger, who gained worldwide fame with the publication of his novel, “The Catcher in the Rye”.

Starring: Nicholas Hoult, Kevin Spacey

Release Date: September 15, 2017 

Why I Want to See it: Basically everyone read “The Catcher in the Rye” in high school, so learning about the man behind the classic intrigues me.

Check out the trailer here

The Florida Project

The Basics: Set over one summer, the film follows precocious 6-year-old Moonee as she courts mischief and adventure with her ragtag playmates and bonds with her rebellious but caring mother, all while living in the shadows of Disney World.

Starring: Willem Dafoe, Brooklynn Prince

Release Date: November 10, 2017 

Why I Want to See it: The cinematography looks beautiful and I can already tell Brooklynn Prince is going to be a stand-out.

Check out the trailer here!

Alexa Redford

U Ottawa '19

4th Year History student at uOttawa, capital city of the Great White North. Hopeful future law student, human radio, tv show encyclopedia, sour gummy worm addict, procrastinator. UOttawa Lifestyle Editor.