body images 2020 01 25 health20and20wellness20working20out20jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
body images 2020 01 25 health20and20wellness20working20out20jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Health

Top 5 Best Athletic Brands For Peachy Ladies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

From a young age, I’ve had a passion for exercise. As a result, I have probably tried almost every mainstream athletic wear brand, and have since branched out to other brands, too. Over the years, I’ve found that some brands aren’t necessarily squat-proof, and don’t really accommodate those of us who are proudly peachy. Here are some of my favourite squat-friendly brands for workout gear, rated out of ten. Rest-assured, these labels are just as supportive and practical as they are comfy and cute!

woman weightlifting in gym
Photo by John Arano from Unsplash

NVGTN – 6/10

NVGTN’s owner, Ashleigh Jordan, is a fitness influencer and Youtuber with over 3 million followers. I love the wide range of colours and styles offered by her athletic wear line, which includes high-waisted leggings, biker shorts, and tops – all in a super supportive and stretchy material! Products sell out quickly though, so I would recommend signing up to be the first to hear about restocks. 

Lululemon – 7/10

Yes, this brand might be mainstream, but that doesn’t mean it’s not great to exercise in. These leggings, especially the Speed Tights, are my favourite for a light workout. I love them because they have pockets and an adjustable waist pull. Be warned though, some Lulu leggings can be too thick for intense, sweaty workouts. When you visit the store, make sure to ask for a sweat-wicking material for best results!   

Todd Kent

Women’s Best – 8/10

Womens Best is an overall great company because they support women in all shapes, sizes and ages. Their tights come in all sorts of fun colours, and I really like the fact that they are squat-proof. The waistbands are a good width, too!

Ryderwear – 9/10

I really like this brand because they have lots of variety in their many tights designs. My all-time favourite pair is the Bum Scrunch Leggings. These unique leggings are the only kind I’ve liked in this style. The scrunch-up design adds just the right details, emphasizes your features and makes you feel super confident. Do take note: since it’s an Australian brand, it does take a while to ship. 

Gymshark – 10/10

Last but not least, we have cult-favourite Gymshark! I have loved this brand for YEARS, and here’s why: they are consistently good quality and never disappoint! I have tried everything from them and have loved it all. The leggings are amazing! They are squat proof, breathable, slimming and tight, while making you feel so confident. The range of styles and colours is fantastic, too. My favourite purchase has been the Vital Seamless Leggings. Dear Gymshark: take my money! 

Meghan Holmes / Unsplash

Emily Poulter

U Ottawa '22

Hello Everyone! I am a new writer for Her Campus! I am a third year criminology student at the University of Ottawa. I am a proud pawrent of a cute kitty named Beau who is the sweetest boy. I want my readers to know a little about me before reading about what I have to say. I grew up in Hamilton, ON, the youngest of three. As most, I have had my fair share of bullying and mean girls. I am not perfect and I have my challenges but we are not alone because now we have each other. I hope that my articles on Her Campus are ones that you as a reader can relate to, and lets have some fun!. So, hope to release an article soon!