photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Ottawa Corgis Halloween Parade: A Look Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

On Saturday October 28, possibly the cutest event in history took place in Ottawa: the annual Ottawa Corgis Halloween Parade! The parade graced us with plenty of adorable corgis, all dressed up in magnificent Halloween costumes. The parade began outside of the main entrance of the Cineplex Theatre and continued around the streets of Lansdowne park from 2:00-4:00pm.

The Corgis Halloween Parade is organized by the Ottawa Corgis Group, which was created by Felix Chui and Kaman Law.  They started the group three and a half years ago after getting their very own corgi. They said, “We started the group because we wanted to see who else has a corgi in Ottawa, as we haven’t seen them much at all in town.  Turns out that at the moment we have over 70 corgis here in the Ottawa area.”

The group has corgi meet-ups every month or couple of months, where the corgis can socialize and have fun! The events are held all over Ottawa, with some in central areas like Hampton Park or down south at David Bartlett Park.

This is the third year that they have had a Halloween Corgis Event. In previous years, the turn out was about one tenth of this year’s size. This year there was around 500 people who came out and enjoyed the event!

In case you weren’t able to attend, here were some of the highlights:

Photo Credit: Lauren Daly Whan   Instagram: @winniewhan_thecorgi

Photo Credit: Lauren Mason   Instagram: @rubycorgidog

Photo Credit: Cassie Hendry

Photo Credit: Cassie Hendry

Photo credit: Ottawa Corgis

Photo credit: Ottawa Corgis

Photo credit: Ottawa Corgis

Photo Credit: Cassie Hendry

Photo Credit: Lorna Mungur

Photo credit: Ottawa Corgis

Thank you to everyone who brought their corgis out!

You can check out the Ottawa Corgis group here.

Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.