Nail Art Inspiration: The Instagram Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

If you’re anything like me, and you love to scroll through all the DIY nail art posts on Instagram, then this is the ultimate post for you! The accounts featured in this post are serious nail goals, and will give you so much inspiration for your own DIY nail art attempt!

1. Simply Nailogical

Not only does she have a super cool YouTube channel and Instagram account, but she’s an Ottawa native too! She does a lot of themed nail looks, and as a bonus, she posts a lot of cute cat pictures too! You can check out and follow her insta here!

2. sveta_sanders

Sveta is a Russain Nail Artist who has some serious skills! Her intricate nail designs are super mesmerizing. She also posts videos of her work that are super fun and relaxing to watch! You can check out and follow her insta here!

3. lenisesca

Her nails are full of beautiful matte colours. For those of us who aren’t very skilled at nail art, her Instagram provides great inspiration for different nail colours and shapes to try! You can check out and follow her insta here!

4. _hannahweir_

Hannah posts super cool metallic, ombre, patterned, and even character nail designs. She also has tons of DIYs for festive nail art, which is perfect timing with the holidays being just around the corner! You can check out and follow her insta here! 

5. glamandglitsnails

Just as their username suggests, glamandglitsnails’ nail designs are super glam and sparkly. They specialize in acrylic nails with super intricate designs, and charms carefully added over them. If you’re feeling super ambitious with your nail designs, then their Instagram is perfect for your next inspiration. You can check out and follow her insta here!

6. yagala

Yagala is the go-to account for ladies who like to keep their nails on the shorter side! This Instagram features a good mix of nail designs and styles for all the different skill levels out there. You can check out and follow their insta here!

7. clairestelle8

Claire posts nail designs that use a mix of nail stickers, stencils, glitter polish, and even more artsy nail add-ons. You’ll definitely fall in love with the way she mixes different kinds of nail polish, and all sorts of tools to make incredibly unique looks! You can check out and follow her insta here!

8. moyou_london

This account posts a lot of quirky designs that’ll give you some serious holiday inspiration. This is your go-to Instagram for Halloween and winter themed nails, and even some colour palette inspiration to top it off! You can check out and follow their insta here!

9. nails.by.teens

Nails.by.teens is another awesome Canadian account! Their nail tutorial videos are super fun to watch and even easier to follow! They have a bunch of DIYs that so many viewers could actually do! You can check out and follow their insta here!

10. nailsbyfreckles

Lena’s Instagram is full of eye-catching marble nail designs! Each of her nail designs are super intricate with different marble colours, that make her DIYs so hard to look away from! You can check out and follow their insta here!

Bethany is currently a fourth year Anthropology and Sociology student at the University of Ottawa. She loves fashion, makeup, travel and her dog Gatsby. In her spare time, she loves writing, reading, and exploring the city.