A Love Letter to Campus Station

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Dear Campus Station.

Now that the colder months are upon us, I’ve been thinking about you more and more. I never realized how much I truly appreciated you until you were gone and for that I’m so sorry. There are a lot of things I miss about you. The way you actually kept me warm and sheltered me from the rain like Laurier never could. You were always close by when I needed you the most, like when I had class at Demarais and then SITE. You were reliable and efficient, a very rare breed. 

I liked that my express busses started right where you were, close by to all my classes and I didn’t have to strain my eyes to see if they were actually coming. There was a tunnel that connected me to the other side of the street, walking through that shelter has really made me realize how lucky I was to have you there. Not a lot of bus stops are like that. You were unique. 

I was so upset that you are no longer in my life. I was stressed. I know because I was writing exams when you disappeared and I couldn’t figure out how I could manage my life without you. 

There were other bus stops, but as I made my transfers and walked what seemed to be an eternity, I thought of you then. You were the most convenient. I’m just trying to say that I need you back in my life. I can’t wait to see you again.

XOXO,

uOttawa Students 

Sources: Cover Photo

SaveSave