This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

This is a letter to me, from me. But strangely enough this letter isn’t to my past self, as one usually does when writing one of these things. This is to my future self. I wanted to stop right now, right here, and ask myself what I think is really important. What do I want from my life? Where do I want to be a year from now? Are there any important messages that I want to really take in and make a part of my life? I want to take this moment to really reflect on my life but also to help develop my goals and aspirations. Well, here goes.

Dear Future Self,

Please take a moment to step outside and go somewhere quiet. Take a moment to experience the moment around you. I’m not sure what you’re up to right now, but as I’m writing this I am in the middle of stress central and let me tell you, it is not a good time. But you know what helps? Taking a moment to just breathe. Sometimes I need that reminder, though, which is why I’m telling you to take this time.

I wonder where you’re at with things now. You’ve been graduated for a year now – can you believe that? Crazy, right? Have you decided what you’re going to do next year? Well, whatever it is I’m sure you made the right choice. Remember the advice that was given to you by a prof just a few weeks ago: take the time you need to figure everything out. It’ll be the best decision you ever made.

Most importantly I hope that you’ve stuck with your goal to get outside each and every day – yes, even when it’s -30. So far I’ve been doing pretty well and it’s made such a difference. If you stopped doing it, take this chance and start again because I know how much you enjoy it! Find the adventure in every day. “The purpose of life is to live it.” This is currently you’re favourite quote. I don’t care that it’s super cheesy because damn girl, it’s true!

Anyways, I hope this last year has been as incredible as I’m hoping it will be! Also, tell Kiwi (the cat) that you love her to pieces. Oh, and give her a treat because she probably wants one.

How can you say no to this beautiful face?