Join Her Campus uOttawa!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Are you a college or university student who enjoys reading Her Campus uOttawa’s articles? Do you want the opportunity to contribute your own knowledge and experiences through writing, or to gain experience in marketing and communications? Now is your chance! Her Campus uOttawa (HCuO) is recruiting new members to join our Writing team and our Marketing and Communications team for the 2016/2017 academic year.

Writing Team
We are looking for writers to join the French team, the Health team, and the Fashion and Beauty team. As a writer, you will submit articles at least twice a month to be published on the HCuO website.  We will also meet twice a month: once with the entire writing staff, and another time with your specific team, in order to receive updates and feedback so that we can constantly improve our writing and content. We will also be hosting a variety of social events so that our whole team can have the chance to get to know each other outside of team meetings.

To apply to become a writer, please fill out this application by September 30, 2016 at 11:59pm.

Please read the entire application, before submitting your response, for Frequently Asked Questions and more application details.

Marketing and Communications Team
We are recruiting for ALL of our Marketing & Communications teams this fall! You can read a description of each team below:​

1. Social Media & Creative Content: Our social media team manages all of our social accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.). They are responsible for updating our accounts on a daily basis, interacting with followers, growing our accounts, and leading social media giveaways. The Creative Content side of the team is home to all of our content creators whether that be graphic designers, photographers, videographers, artists, etc.

2. Marketing and Publicity: Our marketing and publicity team is responsible for growing our brand and promoting our chapter on campus and within the community. This team will plan all publicity events such as pop up photo booths on campus or handing out candy during finals among other things. This team will work closely with our Social Media and External Affairs team to orchestrate promotional events.

3. Events: Our events team is broken into two streams. The first stream is our Capital Catwalk planning committee – they are responsible for planning the bulk of our annual charity fashion show, Capital Catwalk. This team is very fast paced and requires a lot of commitment during September to January. The second stream is the small scale events team. This team is responsible for planning and executing all of our fundraising events such as bake sales, pub nights, etc. We are aiming to host one event per month so you’ll have a lot of fun planning different events throughout the semester!

4. External Affairs: The External Affairs team is our link to the outside world. This team is responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with other clubs and businesses within the city and securing sponsorships for our larger events such as Capital Catwalk. This team is seen as the face of our magazine so it’s important that if you are on this team, you are comfortable talking to businesses and negotiating sponsorship packages!

To apply to join the Marketing and Communications team, please fill out this application by September 30, 2016 at 11:59pm.

We are very excited for the upcoming year, and we look forward to receiving your responses and welcoming you to our team! 

Rebecca is a fourth year student at the University of Ottawa studying Biomedical Science with a minor in business.