Jingle Around The Clock: Festive Events Happening This Week To Put You In The Holiday Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

With some snow in the forecast and the amount of Christmas activities kicking off this week – get in the spirit and enjoy what the nation’s capital has to offer at this beautiful and magical time of year!

1. National Art Gallery: Christmas Tree Lighting

On Thursday, December 7th, go watch the annual lighting of the National Art Gallery’s beautiful, towering tree.

2. A Christmas Carol

Continue your festive night out with a holiday play at the National Arts Center! Opening December 6th, this beloved classic tale will play every night until Christmas Eve.

3. Parliament Hill Illumination Ceremony: Christmas Lights Across Canada

Grab your loved ones and head down to Parliament Hill for the official illumination ceremony of their winter multimedia sound and light show, also on Thursday, December 7th! They are even giving out free Beavertails and hot chocolate on the hill while quantities last. The atmosphere on the Hill this night will be magical, to say the least.

4. The Nutcracker Ballet at the National Arts Center

The beautiful Christmas ballet tradition will be in town spreading Christmas cheer and awe from December 6th to 10th.

5. Parliament Hill Canada 150 Skating Rink

Images: Thumbnail, 1, 2, 3, 4,