How to Transform Your Wardrobe from Summer to Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Although the end of summer also meant the end of vacations, and happy hours on patios, that doesn’t mean it’s the end of cute summer outfits! Well, not entirely at least. If you’re still hugging on to your maxi dress or shorts, this guide is for you. Check out the tips below to see how you can create stylish outfits that’ll keep you warm, without having to give up your favourite summer and fall pieces!

Overalls and Turtlenecks

Even though the overall and crop top look was one of the hottest this summer and fall, that doesn’t mean it can’t be for the winter too! Swap out the crop top for a turtleneck and keep this cute combo going for the colder days.

Add Some Fur

Add style and warmth to your layers by throwing on some fur pieces to your outfit. Luckily, all the neutral colours are back in season, so you can match fur with pretty much anything, and take it to the next level!

Throw on a Cardigan

Having a cardigan for the winter is as essential as having aviators for the summer; they make just about any outfit that much better. Now you can keep all your crop tops, tanks, t-shirts, and even dresses, and simply pair them with your favourite cardigan. To avoid looking too plain, pair your cardigan with bold patterns, scarves, belts, and skirts with thigh-high tights.  

Dresses With Over-the-Knee Boots

Keep all your summer dresses looking hot this winter by rocking a pair of over-the-knee boots to match. This look works perfectly for both day and night time outfits. Bonus tip: Keep a pair of black, heeled, over-the-knee boots for a night out and you’ll be feeling warm and comfy while looking fire AF.  

Mini Skirts and Shorts With Tights

Daisy dukes will always be a classic summer piece, but they’re definitely underrated as a super stylish winter one too. Match your favourite pair of shorts with some black tights and boots to pull off this look. Bonus tip: Add a touch of extra style by swapping out plain black tights for patterned or textured ones!

Add A Blazer

Whether you’re going back to work, or just getting over the overly AC-d offices, having a blazer handy will keep you looking stylish without all the goose bumps!

Not only will this guide save you tons of money, but it’ll also make sure your outfits look so hot they’ll be keeping nice and warm in the winter weather!

Raghdah is the Editor of the Fashion & Beauty team at the University of Ottawa Her Campus Chapter. Raghdah is a graduate of the University of Ottawa where she studied Political Science and now continues her work in the Government of Canada. Outside of her career, she spends most of her time writing, travelling, practising yoga, and running. If being a foodie, coffee-addict, aspiring cat lady, and binge-watching Scandal count as hobbies, then she's living the life. You will most likely find her planning her next trip or trying to adopt another cat at your local pet shelter.