neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Hey Holly: Increase Your Self-Esteem

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Hey Holly,

How can I increase my self-esteem?
________________________________________

Dear Anonymous,

So, you’re having trouble with self-esteem? Well let me start off by telling you that you’re beautiful (in case you haven’t heard that today).

Self-esteem is something we all struggle with, so don’t worry. I’ll tell you a secret, when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself you’re going to have a great day and that you will accomplish anything you put your mind to! Focus on your tasks and on yourself. Don’t beat yourself up if you make a mistake. Most importantly, just be yourself. Make an extra effort to think positively about yourself every single day (even during bads day, compliment yourself) and you will notice a change in your self-esteem soon. 

You never know what people are going through so make sure you never compare yourself to others! I guarantee you there are people who love you and think you’re awesome! Don’t be too hard on yourself, love, as everyone has gone through or is going through some self-esteem issue(s). 

Wake up, be awesome, repeat! 

-Holly

Need advice, but don’t know who to ask? Submit your love/relationship/student life questions to Her Campus U Ottawa’s advice columnist Holly! Submit your question here: Hey Holly Question Form