This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It’s that time of year again, the dreaded midterm season. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by all of the exams and papers that you have due and taking breaks is a great way to clear your head! Luckily for us, Ottawa has lots of amazing activities to do on study breaks. Here are 7 fall activities that we think you’ll love! 

1. See the Mìwàte Illumination of Chaudière Falls

Watch the amazing sound and light show that highlights the Algonquin Heritage of the region!  As an added bonus its FREE!

2. Visit a museum or art gallery for FREE on Thursday

Admire the artifacts and art pieces at either the Canadian Museum of Nature, the National Gallery of Canada or the Canadian Museum of History on Thursday evening when they open their doors with free admission.

3. See a stand-up comedy show at Absolute Comedy

Open 7 nights a week with a new famous comic headliner each week, you will be sure to catch the laughing bug on a night out at Absolute Comedy!

4. Embrace the season and visit a Pumpkin Patch

Head over to one of many pumpkin patches around the Ottawa area and have fun searching and picking out the perfect pumpkin for you!

5. Have some much needed R&R at Nordik Spa

Spend the day getting massages, soaking in salt baths and pampering yourself before exam season rolls around at Nordik Spa in Chelsea, Quebec. 

6. Check out one of the many Escape Rooms in Ottawa

Why not grab a group of friends and test how smart you are in a fun and challenging way? Ottawa is filled with many different escape rooms that you can try and conquer over reading week!

7. Go Apple Picking at Mountain Orchards

Choose the best fresh apples you can grab at Mountain Orchards where they also have a wagon ride, corn maze and other fun activities all for FREE! All you have to do is pay for the apples you pick and you are good to go!

Have a great fall everyone!