5 Date Ideas That Are Perfect For Cuffing Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It’s that time of the year again.  As the leaves turn orange and crisp autumn air begins to settle in, so does the need for a consistent cuddle partner in what we occasionally refer to as cuffing season. For the moments when you might want to take a break from hibernation and venture out into the real world. Here are some dates that are perfect for cuffing season.

Half Price Movie Nights

Movie dates are a classic for a reason. They are cheap affordable and a cozy date option. If you are a student, then they are even better on Tuesdays when it’s half price. If you are feeling fancy, you can also treat yourself to one of the VIP movie experiences at Cineplex Cinemas Lansdowne, which are also half price on Tuesdays!

Catch a Comedy Show

Comedy Clubs make for a cute and affordable date night out. For couples looking for a good laugh and a casual date atmosphere, Yuk Yuk’s Comedy Club in Ottawa is a great  option. You can get out of hibernation and share a good laugh with your hibernation partner. 

Catch an Open Mic Night at Café Nostalgica

Café Nostalgica is located on the University of Ottawa Campus and hosts open mic nights on Thursdays. The Café has a cozy and intimate vibe which is perfect for a fall/winter date night. 

Skating on the Canal

Ottawa is pretty famous for its canal so, why not take advantage of it. Skating on the canal is a cute and affordable date idea, with the added benefit of being able to enjoy a beaver tail as you skate.

Grab Dinner

Dinner dates might seem cliché and overdone, but there is always a new restaurant to try around Ottawa. Elgin street is famous for it’s pubs that cater to a variety of different tastes, ranging from casual to more upscale giving you many options to choose from.

Date nights are fun, especially during cuffing season and they give you an excuse to actually leave the house. However, if you are on a student budget you should take advantage of various student deals that are available with the use of your student card, your isic bus pass, groupon.ca or apps like ViiMe which get you special deals and discounts!

Hi, I'm Deborah. I'm currently a third year Communications and Political science student at the University of Ottawa. I'd describe my hobbies as those of a middle aged housewife, I love to cook, read, crochet, marathon Netflix and pin all the diy crafts i'll most likely never make.