alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Healthy Lifestyle YouTubers You Should Be Subscribed To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It’s time to get your overall health factor into shape! Two months into the “New Year’s Resolution” trend, it’s never too late to be healthy. YouTube is an amazing resource and hub for all your health needs. Not only are they fun to watch, but you learn so much from them. In this article, we will introduce you to four YouTubers we believe can help you with your physical, mental, and skin health.

FITNESS

Fitnessblender

This fitness power couple (Kelly and Daniel) provide the essentials for fitness growth. Their channel consists of a wide range of workouts including a variety of difficulties. Whether you want a 10-minute workout or an hour long one, these workouts leave you feeling energized and burned! The best part is that an approximate number of calories that you have burned during the workout is always shown on the corner of the screen! Kelly also shares her journey through fitness and nutrition which viewers can relate to and use as a motivation factor. These workouts can be apartment and dorm safe so you don’t have to worry about that one 911 call! 

Blogilates

When you hear fitness health youtuber, your mind probably goes to Cassey Ho. She is labelled the number 1 female fitness instructor in the YouTube realm and provides a realistic outlook on body positivity, physical health, and diet. Her channel is mainly geared towards the fitness of females and has full videos dedicated to certain muscle areas ( such as abs or legs). So if you ever are in the mood to watch something motivational, fun, and relatable, check out Blogilates!

MENTAL HEALTH

Kati Morton

Kati Morton is a licensed therapist. Her channel talks about a variety of subjects pertaining to mental health. She talks about feelings and experiences that we have every day such as jealousy, why we are so hard on ourselves, what to do when you have feelings of anger and other extremely helpful videos that can help you change your mental outlook of life. You may also know her from the popular Inside the Mind of Jake Paul Shane Dawson YouTube series. What’s awesome is that she isn’t on YouTube to share her experience and expertise, instead, she reaches out to the audience to see what they want her to speak about, and ask her questions. She also wrote a book called “Are u ok?” that addresses the common questions about mental health.

SKINCARE

Renee/Gothamista

Gothamista, also called Renee is a skincare YouTuber who has been in the Beauty Industry for over 10 years! Her motto is that “I try a LOT of stuff, so you don’t have to!”. She typically makes videos about skin care routines and certain products or remedies you can buy for your skin type. Typically, she makes a seasonal skincare routine video to show you which products are best for which season. Not only does she do skin care, but she also talks about how to take care of your hair, and posts scalp and hair routines. She is super knowledgeable about the products she talks about and is definitely a must if you’re starting out with skincare.

There you have it! Four entertaining and helpful resources to help you lead a healthier lifestyle!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4

Shirley Yong

U Ottawa '21

Hello! I am a second-year Communications and Sociology student at the University of Ottawa. I'm just a nerd who loves RPGs and spending time watching cartoons instead of studying.
Sanjana Anwar

U Ottawa '21

Sanjana Anwar is in the joint-honours program of sociology and anthropology at the University of Ottawa. She is passionate about anything artistic (music, poetry, paintings) and has won awards relating to sketching from the 'House of Commons'. She hopes to share her experiences, knowledge, and thoughts with 'Her Campus' during her University chapters of life.
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.