13 Times Mindy Kaling Nailed Our Thoughts Before Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It’s December, your semester is almost over, you get to crack open your advent calendar, you have a new Bath and Body Works holiday scent on, the weather forecast is for snow, and you get to go home for the holidays soon; it’s the jolliest time of the year, what could possibly bring you down from this evergreen scented pre-Christmas high? I will answer that, forgetting that the end of one thing means the beginning of another… finals are in season.

You’ve been so busy watching Elf, listening to Michael Bublé, and coercing your friends into going to holiday themed craft shows all over the city, that exams slipped your gingerbread-filled mind, as did studying, revising and doing your assigned readings. All you want to do is hang garland everywhere and make sugar cookies, I get that, I feel that, but it’s time to buckle down, and concentrate on getting through 2015 with the grades your 2AM study sessions deserve.

This article lists all the times Mindy Kaling’s sass measured up to that of a stressed out university student right before finals. These are the things you’re likely to feel before your impending exams:

1. When all your friends have started studying already:

2. When you realize just how well you need to do on your finals to pass:

3. When your friend tells you about their elaborate study schedule:

4. When you sit down to study and don’t recognize anything:

5. When you try to motivate yourself:

6. When someone steals your spot in the library:

7. When all other responsibilities are too much for you to handle during finals: 

8. When you’ve read a whole chapter without being distracted:

9. When you’re on a healthy study diet:

10. When you start freaking out about what you will do after university:

11. When you immediately regret going out before exams:

12. When you show up to your first final:

13. When you promise you’ll start studying sooner for your finals next semester:

Picture Credits

Cover Picture, Tumblr 

I transferred to uOttawa in September of 2013 from the beautiful University of British Columbia. But don't let that introduction fool you, I'm from Nova Scotia.  I like dresses, I like the Toronto Raptors, I like Christmas, I like bread, I like online shopping, I like Mindy Kaling and I like penguins.