This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

As students we are so busy that we do not always have time to go shopping. Even though shopping online is easier than going in store, sometimes we want to try out new products without spending a ton of money to buy the full sizes. So, the best solution is a subscription box! Many of them are around $25 a month and you can cancel anytime, or skip a month. Here are some subscription boxes that you should consider:

Book of the Month Club (BOTM)
If you are a book lover, this product is for you. Every month you pick your favorite books from their monthly selections and then you receive five books at your door for $14.99. Then, BOTM chooses books based on thousands of reviews from publishers. You may receive fictional or non-fictional books.

Birchbox
For as low as $10 you can receive five samples tailored to your hair, skin, and style. When you sign-up you fill out your beauty profile then get ready to try different brands of makeup, fragrances, etc. If you already know that you will like a specific product, you can request the full-size products instead.

Chef’s Plate
I love this box so much, especially when you run out of ideas on what to cook. When you subscribe you pick the meal plan (classic, family, vegetarian or 15 minutes category) that you want and then they send you all of the fresh ingredients that you need. Most recipes take 30 minutes or less and will make you feel like the next master chef.

TheraBox
TheraBox is a box that focuses on making sure that their clients live a happier life. Each box contains “6-8 wellness products sourced from vendors that produce natural, organic, and feel-good products” and an activity to try to boost your energy and happiness. The theme will change monthly, so you never know what you will get.

My Reward Box
I think all students should subscribe to this box. Why? Because our hard work should always be acknowledged and you need to reward all of the blood, sweat, and tears that you put into your school work. In this box you receive 5-6 items such as jewelry, home goods and so much more. There are two options, either the mini box that goes for $25 a month or the regular box for $35 monthly.

Ivory Clasp
I am so excited to subscribe to this box. Each month you receive affordable luxury at your door. What do I mean? For $49.99 a month you get a quality on-trend handbag delivered to your door step. As well, this is one of the best ways to encourage new talents from the fashion industry.

Goddess Provisions
This box is a cruelty-free and vegan box. It contains 5-7 products such as a tea, spiritual growth tools, crystals, snacks, aromatherapy products and a beauty sample. Shipping to Canada is a bit expensive ($15 a month), but people have really been raving about this product. It is worth a try and if you do not like it you can always cancel your subsciption.  

Winc Wine Club
Each month you receive four bottles of wine that match your taste. It usually start at $13 a bottle for either a white wine or red wine.

Adore Me
If you hate shopping for bras, then this subscription box has your name written all over it. Starting at $24.99 a month, the lingerie range from size petite to plus size. The site also has slepwear, leggings and shapewear and you reserve a box that is based off your preferences and size.

Oatbox
I’m very proud to say that this box is 100% Canadian, so shipping is completely free for people in North America. Oatbox is to help you start your day with a nutritional breakfast. There are three plans where the price varies from $20 to $47 and you can be sure that all of their products are gluten free. In most boxes you receive granola mix, cereals bars, and oatmeal portions.

Which box are you excited to try ? 

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 910

Gloria Charles-Pierre is Her Campus uOttawa Alumni. She was one of our writers for four years and the French editor for two years. Gloria graduated from the University of Ottawa with a degree in Arts specialized in French Lierature and two certificates in LSQ (Langue des Signes Québécoise). Now, she is in Teachers College and loving it. Gloria spends her time doing kick-boxing and working on her personnal writing project while growing in her faith. She hopes to travel more, and to continue her studies with a Masters in Education and also continue working in editing.
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.