The Top Three Struggles of Living on North Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Here are some of the major struggles every North Campus resident faces, or has faced, at least once during their time of residency.

1.  Waking up 30 minutes early to catch those B-Baits, Northwood buses

This has got to be THE number one struggle for those who have 8:30 a.m. classes on Central. Not only do you have to wake up at least 30 minutes early to get ready, but you also have to walk all the way to the bus station and wait there in the freezing morning temperatures. And don’t forget those horrendously long waits when the buses are not on time for whatever reason (traffic, bad weather, accident, etc.). It’s rough for North Campus students, even more so during the Michigan winter.

2.  Missing out on Central Campus events and outings

To be honest, living up north isn’t the best excuse for missing out on events held on Central. You have endless ways to get to those events on time, and many important club informational meetings are specifically held ON North to better accommodate people. But, being lazy college students, nothing in the world seems to be more important than bed, and sometimes it just takes too much effort to get out of that bed and get your butt to Central. 

3.  Those moments when you ask (several times a day) why you live here when you have zero classes on North. 

Now, some people choose North Campus over central, especially Engineering, Art and Design, and Music/Theatre students who have the majority of their classes up north. It’s convenient for them and most of their fellow classmates and friends reside alongside them. But for those studying in LSA, Ross, or any other Central Campus college, it gets rather burdensome when you have awkward time gaps between classes and you ferociously debate whether to take the bus and go back and get an hour of rest, or just hang around at the fishbowl until your next class.

Images courtesy of: The Odyssey and Tumblr

college life~creative~Chinese~news~Twitter~life~love~smile