This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

This year has been crazy.

Now, I know I am not the first person to say that, and I definitely won’t be the last, but it’s true. Despite the craziness that is 2020, I hope that you all are finding the ways with which you feel you best can cope. However, with the grayness of winter right around the corner, the essence of SADD lingering in the air, and undergrads in AA undergoing another lock-in, it’s becoming even more important that we find something to help us escape this crazy world for even a little while. Although it may be getting colder and there may be fewer things to do outside, I like to think that you can turn any situation into a better one with a little bit of the right music. So, without further ado, I present to you some new music for your November jams.

*Disclaimer: I’m by no means a ‘music expert’ and not all of this music is inherently new, but even an oldie can add life to a playlist! I hope that you are able to find some inspiration for your queue.

Pop Revamp

Some people blast Pop music loud and proud, and for others, it’s a secret love. No matter who you are,  here are some good songs to add to your playlist.

“My Hair” / Ariana Grande

“Golden” / Harry Styles

“Put Your Records On” / Ritt Momney

For When You’re Feeling ‘oof’

We all feel down sometimes. These songs are great for getting in the shower, cranking up the volume, and letting yourself just feel.

“Secret Love Song, Pt II” / Little Mix

“IDK” You Yet” / Alexander 23

“All I Want – From ‘High School Musical: The Musical: The Series’” / Olivia Rodrigo

“July” / Noah Cyrus

Who Said We Can’t Party?

Okay…nobody should be partying (because, well, COVID). We want to keep each other safe and healthy. However, that does not mean that we can’t throw a rager with our roommates or dance around with our pets, and for those moments, we have these songs.

“Fight Night” / Migos

“Five More Hours” / Deorro, Chris Brown

“Ayy Macarena” / Tyga

Summer 4ever!

Just as the Birkenstocks don’t go away until it snows, the summer vibes don’t go away until Santa is on his way. Summon 70-degree weather and sand under your feet with these songs.

“Cigarettes On Patios” / BabyJake

“Waves” / Kanye West

“Left Hand Free” / alt-J

Proud of You

Sometimes we don’t feel the best about ourselves, and that’s okay! But when you’re ready to go back out into the world with your head held high and proud of the incredible person that you are, having these songs playing through your head cannot hurt.

“Girls in the Hood” / Megan Thee Stallion

“King of Anything” / Sara Bareilles

“Woman Like Me (feat. Nicki Minaj)” / Little Mix, Nicki Minaj

Roulette

A random assortment of jams for when you don’t know what you’re in the mood for!

“Bop” / Tyga, YG, Blueface

“All My Friends (feat. Tinashe & Chance the Rapper)” / Snakehips, Tinashe, Chance the Rapper

“Flashed Junk Mind” / Milky Chance

Hi! I am a Sophomore at the University of Michigan pursuing a degree in Communications and a career in the fashion industry. I am from northern Michigan so I am a lover of absolutely everything outdoors, especially when it comes to being on the water, but when I am at school you can find me studying in a coffee shop, running around campus, or curled up taking a nap.