Leaseful: The New Online Platform

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Second semester is approaching,  meaning that subletting scaries are joining the ride, especially for those juniors going abroad. We have all gone through the anxiety of signing a 12- month lease but knowing that you’re only going to be living there for 5-9 months. The stress of finding a subletter whether needed for winter semester, spring term, or summer is overwhelming and because rent in Ann Arbor is already so high, a lot of money is at stake. Thankfully, there is a new platform out there that really can save our sanity and our money.

Leaseful is an online platform that was founded by Chad Kehoe and Alexander Prince at Southern Methodist University when they realized there was a market for this exact struggle. They came up with the most brilliant idea: an Airbnb type site but geared specifically towards college students. Since then they have added Lilly Sisto their VP of Marketing and Jarrett Baugh, their CTO to the team and have been further expanding to various college campuses. As of right now, Leaseful has launched at University of Arizona, Boulder, GWU, Georgia, University of Michigan, NYU, Ohio State, Penn State, SMU, TCU, University of Texas, Texas Tech, UCLA, and Miami University.

The premise of the site and recently launched app is that listing or renting an apartment or house should not be a sketchy process, in fact it should be safe, secure, and absolutely transparent. Leaseful does exactly this by screening all of the hosts and verifying student identity but also by providing a third party to deal with all of the ups and downs of subleasing for a smooth process.

Here is the link to download the app and to the website.

Images courtesy of: Leaseful

Em M

U Mich

Em is a senior at the University of Michigan, studying English and Psychology. Go Blue!