This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Has anyone else become more interested in baking ever since it started getting colder outside? I grew up baking with my family and I have to say fall is the best time to get into baking. The cold air just makes me want to snuggle up next to a fireplace and snack on banana bread while watching Twilight

This fall, I have been baking a lot in my free time. There are so many fall recipes you can try out and many of them are dorm friendly. From Apple pies to Pumpkin cookies, you have more than a dozen options to explore. I found three recipes that would be perfect for college students this fall. 

1. Apple Pie Cookies

I know I am not the only one who saw these cookies on my For You page on Tiktok. I made this for my friend’s party and all the cookies were eaten within thirty minutes. For this recipe you can use store bought pie bread and it can be prepared within an hour. 

1. Apple Cider Doughnuts

Everyone has to make this recipe at least once this fall. It may seem intimidating, but it was a pretty easy recipe for me to make. They were so soft and cakey, I definitely plan to make them again this fall. 

1. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

I love banana bread. It is my go-to dessert when I’m baking. Once I saw this instagram reel, I was obsessed and had to make it. I found this recipe easier and less time consuming than regular banana bread. 

1. Pumpkin Bars with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cream

Ok, this recipe may take more time than the rest of the recipes on this list, but I promise it’s worth it. The thing I like about this recipe is how simple it is. I found the process to be similar to baking a little sheet cake. 

I’m going to be completely honest, I am such a sucker for baked goods. As a college student, I found it a bit hard to fit time into my schedule to bake. However, these recipes were quick and easy and didn’t take too much time out of my day to make. I promise you they are worth the time and effort that goes into making them. 

My name is Aricka and I am a recent graduate from the University of Michigan. I enjoy writing articles about sex and relationships, mental health and books. On my free time, I enjoy playing video games, writing short stories and spending time with my family and pets. I also have hobbies like crochet, reading books and painting.