10 Emotions Everyone Has During Thanksgiving Dinner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

1. Excited at the fabulous array of Thanksgiving food.

OMG, I can’t believe my grandma made all of this food. That turkey looks amazing. And how about that carrot soufflé? Oh, and the cranberry sauce! Where’s the stuffing? Is there no stuffing? Oh wait, there it is hiding behind the mashed potatoes. Phew.

2. Overwhelmed by all the options.

How am I going to fit all of this on my plate? What do I even take first? Definitely turkey so I can get some of the white meat. Do I put green beans or carrots on my plate? I’d rather save room for other things rather than two vegetables. Is it bad if I take two rolls?

3. Determined to eat everything on your plate.

You can do this. You’ve done it every year. Just one bite at a time, champ. Let’s make it to the clean plate club!

4. Eager to get seconds.

Not everyone has been served and I’m already ready for seconds. Can they hurry up already? I need some more of those honey maple-roasted carrots. And the creamed corn. Don’t even get me started on the sweet potato casserole. Can my mom go any slower? UGH.

5. Worried you’re not going to finish all of your food.

I can’t wimp out and not finish my food. I practically pushed my cousin over to get the last bit of stuffing. C’mon, you can do this! Thanksgiving only comes once a year, ya know!

6. Stuffed to your heart’s content.

I love Thanksgiving, wow. I can’t remember the last time I ate food this good.

7. Conflicted on whether or not you can stomach more food as the dessert comes out.

More food?! How many days did this take to make? Oh, but it smells so good…

8. Surprised at yourself for even debating if you should get dessert or not.

Obviously I’m going to get dessert. Who am I kidding? It’s my favorite part of Thanksgiving and we all know I’m a sucker for Aunt Judy’s pumpkin pound cake.

9. Concerned that the button on your jeans is going to burst.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Black Friday because I’m going to need a new pair of pants after this meal. Do you think anyone will notice if I unbutton my pants under the table? I’m pretty sure my sweater will cover it…

10. Pumped at the thought of doing it all again next year! 

Images courtesy of: Tumblr, Meme Generator, Giphy, Reddit