This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

As someone with an unhealthy obsession with romance books, I cannot keep these swoon-worthy, heart-stopping reads all to myself! Here is a list of some of my favorite romance books with their synopses and why you should read them!

Twice Shy by Sarah Hogle

Maybell Parish inherits a beautiful cottage in The Smokies from her Great Aunt, and packs her bags to start her life afresh after recurring disappointments. She meets the moody Wesley Koehler, who happens to be another inheritor of the house. As they are forced to get along, Maybell finds Wesley has a layer of sweetness under all those frowns and scoffs.

Twice Shy is such a fun, sweet, and emotional story. Both the main leads experience extremely satisfying character growth, and their budding romance is simply adorable! Also, props to the author for incorporating representation of mental health issues into the story!

The Charm Offensive by Alison Cochrun

Dev Deshpande is a hopeless romantic and works day and night as a contestant handler for the reality dating show, Ever After, despite continuous heartbreaks in his own dating life. Along comes the romance-skeptic Charlie Winshaw, the Prince Charming of the Ever After‘s newest season. However, Charlie finds himself more interested in Dev than any of his female co-stars!

This book is sure to make you melt with its precious characters! Dev and Charlie’s interactions are so sweet and squeal-worthy, and the side characters are multi-dimensional. The story lays a significant focus on both the leads’ mental health issues and can get difficult to read at times, but it’s so worth it!

The Hating Game by Sally Thorne

Lucy Hutton and Joshua Templeman absolutely loathe each other. Assistants to the CEOs of a publishing company, both hate each other’s contrasting personalities. But, when they’re neck and neck for a promotion, they realize the tension between them is not purely hatred.

This list would be incomplete without a full-on enemies-to-lovers story! While The Hating Game is full of clichés such as the “hate-to-love” and “tension you can cut with a knife” tropes, the premise and characters are still unique enough to make the book an entertaining read!

Total Creative Control by Joanna Chambers and Sally Malcolm

Writer Aaron Page works with the breathtakingly handsome Lewis Hunter, the creator of the popular show, Leeches. He secretly writes his own unofficial spin-offs of the show without his boss’ knowledge.

Lewis Hunter does not have time for relationships. His one priority in life is his show. But when stuck at an awful corporate retreat with his trusted assistant, Aaron, the professional boundaries between them begin to blur.

Who doesn’t love the Grumpy x Sunshine dynamic? This book has its fair share of cheesy one-liners and dramatic displays of love, but won my heart nonetheless! This relationship is one you want to root for from the very beginning of the story. Interesting characters, adorable romance, and overall, a perfect read!

Book Lovers by Emily Henry

Nora Stephens is passionate about books, but she is nothing like the main characters. She’s a workaholic, hates her dating life, and is most definitely not a sweetheart. She begrudgingly agrees to go on a trip away to Sunshine Falls, North Carolina with her sister, Libby. She runs into Charlie Lastra, a grouchy editor from the city, who she is not exactly fond of. But as they work on a project together, she finds there is a lot more to the man than meets the eye.

Book Lovers is the whole package — realistic main leads, a sizzling romance, developed personal stories of both leads, and a beautiful sibling relationship. You cannot go wrong with this read!

These books have my whole heart and I wish I could read them for the first time and fall in love all over again! I hope these books capture your interest, as they have very well captured mine!

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Pooja Panuganti

U Mass Amherst '24

Pooja is a sophomore business major and YA romance books are her guilty pleasure!