Why Every Collegiette Should Read and Love Cosmo Magazine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% the author’s. 

First off, if you’re not reading Cosmopolitan Magazine already, are you really even a Collegiette? All teens to young adults should have a subscription to Cosmo, not because it’s the number one magazine on newstands across America, but because of all the amazing insights it has to offer young women inside.

Many people view Cosmo as a “sex magazine”, but in reality it is so much more than that. While it is one of the few magazines readers can access a plethora of tips, questions answered, ideas, etc. regarding your sex life, Cosmo also offers a wide variety of sections such as fitness, fashion, relationships, beauty, career, and entertainment.

A couple of things to know about Cosmo:

• Cosmo reaches just over 17 million readers every month, so the content has to be relatable, interesting, and thought-provoking.
  • 1 in 4 college-aged women read Cosmo.
  • There are 62 international editions, so no matter where you are, young adults are getting the same valuable info anywhere.
  • Their Facebook page has over 5 million likes.
  • Their goal is to drive conversations that matter most to young women, to make their interests and voices heard.
  • Cosmo touches on a number of issues that affect women every day–from taboo topics such as STDs to the bold opinions surrounding women in politics–and everything in between.
  • Cosmo was the first magazine to broadcast such controversial ideas surrounding women (think: the Pill in the 1960s and 70s, when it had hardly been written about before).
  • It provides women with a vision and detailed advice on life in general.

Good news: I’m fortunate enough to be involved with promoting such a revolutionary magazine for women, and can offer you a great deal. Cosmopolitan retails for $3.99 at most stores; however, as a Campus Rep for Cosmo I can offer you an awesome deal of $1.25 an issue. This 1-year subscription totals $15/year plus a free premium gift (think: t-shirts, hair products, coupon codes, headbands, cosmetic products, etc.). That’s basically like getting 8 issues for free. 

To sum it up, I find that readers of Her Campus and Cosmo have a lot in common, ranging from demographics to interests to lifestyle in general. Both publications offer amazing advice, guidance, and knowledge. If you’re not already an avid Cosmo reader, I highly suggest you pick up a subscription.

Common Questions

Q: Is it possible to change the shipping address?

A: Yes, we all know that students go home for winter break and the summer, or may move from a dorm to off-campus etc. In order to change the destination all you have to do is call Customer Service. 

Q: What about renewal?

A: You will receive a notice 45 days prior to the end of your yearly subscription, reminding you to either cancel or renew. You won’t just get charged without warning. 

If I haven’t convinced you enough, and you’re still uncertain (or have any questions at all), feel free to contact me at okennis@umass.edu!

#HCXO #CosmoOnCampus

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst