This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

With spring right around the corner, it’s the perfect time to start thinking about your wardrobe for the upcoming season. Here are some trends that will surely be apparent this spring.

Slip Dress 

Woman in front of dock in slip dress.
Unsplash
Slip dresses are perfect for spring because you can style them in so many ways. You can layer a t-shirt, turtle neck, or long sleeve underneath it to give it a casual look. You can style it with a jacket (denim, leather, etc). You can even wear it on its own. Most slip dresses are a satin-like material and you can get them in an array of colors.

Bright Colors and Bold Patterns

Woman sitting on chair while leaning on table.
Pexels
Spring is all about bright pastel colors and patterns. Floral, tropical, polka dots, you name it. Just as the flowers bloom in spring, you should allow yourself to as well. Don’t be afraid to try a vibrant color you’ve never worn before. Maybe even try mixing patterns.

Bralette Bra

Woman in white suit and bralette standing near green plants.
Pexels
Lingerie as fashion is a trend that keeps resurfacing. Wearing a bralette bra as a top is one that is perfect for both the spring and summer seasons. It can be plain or patterned. You can wear it under a jacket (denim, leather, blazer, etc). Or you can wear it as solely a top. They come in so many different colors and textures that you are sure to find one that suits you.

Denim Jacket

Woman standing against white background in denim jacket.
Pexels
A denim jacket is a finishing piece to tons of great looks. They come in many colors and washes perfect for any look. They are perfect for the spring weather that isn’t cold enough to wear a winter coat yet not warm enough to wear nothing other than a t-shirt. You can layer it over a dress or just a graphic tee. A denim jacket is one of my favorite pieces to wear in the spring.

All images courtesy of the Her Campus database.

Samantha Butts

U Mass Amherst '23

Samantha is a junior at UMass Amherst studying English and Journalism. She enjoys reading, fashion, watching movies, thrifting, and going out with friends. She is passionate about women's rights, the environment, and politics.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst