This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

With the Coronavirus happening, many people have not been able to strut their #OOTDs outside of their houses. Now, fashion is more important than ever with vaccines rolling out, and a return to normalcy is in our near future. Here are my top four spring fashion trends to implement into your wardrobe.

Pastel Tones

Pantone released their 10 standout colors for spring and summer 2021. The majority of the colors that are more bright and fun range from French Blue and Burnt Coral to Mint and illuminating yellow. If you know me, you know I love all things colorful. My favorite color is light yellow and I am here for all the pastel accessories and outfits. This season, people are wearing colorful outfits from light pink to green. I recently bought a light purple water bottle and a pastel yellow phone case.

Monochrome Outfits

In my opinion, the best way to make a statement is by wearing a full outfit in that color. Monochrome has become a staple trend for this season because of its simplicity. I love wearing matching sweatshirts and sweatpants or denim on denim outfits. Moreover, this look is so sleek and a matching two-piece is a great way to add a pop of color into your wardrobe.

Modern French Manicure

The highlight of my week is doing my nails or getting them done. Something that is trending right now is different takes on the french manicure. Recently I have seen this take with colorful french tips, geometric shapes, and different colors on each nail. I love this trend because it takes a twist on the classic mani to a new level. 

Shades of Nude

Want to make a statement but still be neutral? Nude is the way to go. Pair your favorite jeans with a nude top and this simple yet classic outfit never goes out of style. I also love when people put together monochrome outfits in a neutral shade darker than their skin tone. You can never go wrong with anything nude!

Now it’s time to do some retail therapy and get ready for this spring!

Alana Zeilander

U Mass Amherst '23

Alana Zeilander is a sophomore majoring in journalism with a concentration in public relations and a minor in business. At UMass, Alana is the secretary of the PR Club and an active member of UMass CHAARG. During her free time, you can find her bullet journaling, watching Marvel movies, or drinking large cups of coffee. To learn more about Alana and connect with her, check out her personal website atzeilander.wordpress.com.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst