I Made Kylie Jenner’s Ramen & Here’s What Happened

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Many die-hard Kylie Jenner fans already know this, but recently I was surprised to discover that Kylie’s website features a cooking segment fittingly titled “Cooking with Kylie.” Not only was I shocked to see that a successful 20-year-old business mogul like Kylie Jenner has enough time to cook and share recipes, but I was doubly impressed with the mouthwatering quality of her home-cooked meals. From candied yams to fried chicken to taco salad, it appears Kylie can do it all in the kitchen.

As a college student without the means or time to make one of Kylie’s more intricate dishes, I thought I would do an homage to the early days of Kylie’s cooking by making her ramen recipe that nearly broke the internet when she shared it via Snapchat in 2016.

First, here are the ingredients I used to replicate Kylie’s ramen:

For this recipe, you will need:

1. Two cups of water

2. One egg

3. One packet of ramen noodles

4. One teaspoon of garlic powder

5. One half tablespoon of butter

Time to start cooking! Since Kylie only provided us with what you can see in the Snapchat above, I improvised with a little help from BuzzFeed.

Step 1: Boil the pasta in two cups of water for two minutes.

Step 2: Add in the beaten egg, as well as the butter and garlic powder to the mixture.

Step 3: Stir everything together on low heat.

Step 4: Pour into a bowl and add as much of the Ramen seasoning as you’d like.

Step 5: Enjoy!

Whether or not Kylie invented this method of making ramen, she definitely deserves credit for bringing more attention to this delicious recipe. I would call myself a ramen novice at best, so I had no idea that it could be so delicious or so filling (the egg really does make a difference!). After trying this recipe, I’m a changed woman. Thank you, Kylie Jenner.

Header image: Author / Kylie Jenner / Instagram, Image: 1

All additional photos courtesy of author.

Julia Gordy

U Mass Amherst '19

Julia is a senior at the Isenberg School of Management at University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She is pursuing a major in marketing with a strong focus on advertising. Some of her favorite things include photography, filmmaking, and long yoga sessions followed by even longer naps. Find her on Twitter and Instagram @juliagordy!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst