A GIF Story: Skydiving in a Nutshell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

If you could do one thing before you die, what would you do?

A lot of people will say “Go skydiving!” Whether it’s because they just can’t think of anything else or because it’s always something they have wanted to do, it is still an activity that sticks out in people’s minds. Why? Because it’s absolutely insane! Two summers ago, I decided to spend money to backflip from a plane at 14,000 feet and this pretty much sums my experience up. 

1. When your friends ask you of you want to go skydiving…

Because… FOMO.

2. When you schedule your jump…

Bravo, self.

3. You go home and you’re so excited that you look up skydiving videos…

Woah, she looks like she’s having so much fun!

4. But you end up watching “skydiving gone wrong” videos instead…

Should I start planning my funeral now or later?

5. Then, somehow it is the day of your jump….

…and on the outside you’re like 

…but on the inside

6. They have you sign away the right for anyone to sue them…should anything happen to go wrong…

…and by “go wrong” you mean…

7. They talk casually in the plane and sometimes offer you food and you’re just like…

Stop talking.

8. Then you see the person in front of you jump out

Oh. Bye.

9. They ask you if you’re ready…

10. You now realize you are about to jump out of a plane at 14,000 feet with a stranger strapped to your back.

I’d like to give my non-existent bank account to my dog when I die…

11. Your instructor tells you he/she is going to count to 3 before you jump, but since it’s so loud you don’t hear the 1, 2, 3 and you are suddenly in the air and your limbs wont stop uncontrollably flailing.

12. Then, you look around you and feel like you’re floating in the sky and realize that it is the most magnificient feeling you have ever had the pleasure to experience.

Can free-fall last forever?

13. You land… you stand up… Jell-O legs.

14. LET’S DO IT AGAIN!

I can’t wait to post these skydiving pictures on Facebook, I’ll look so adventurous!

And then just like that, you’re obsessed with skydiving. 

Gif Sources: 1234556

Currently a hard-working, self-motivated, dominos-loving business student at UMass Amherst. Not only am I an avid reader of HerCampus.com but I am also a proud member of both Her Campus UMass Amherst and Her Campus Blogger Network. I am working towards my goal of moving out west and getting into marketing for the beauty and fashion industry.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst