This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Summer slipped away as you interned, studied abroad or worked your butt off at the local mall. And now you’re finally back on campus! Your enthusiasm breeds ambition and soon you’re swallowed up by club meetings and assignment deadlines.

Put down the Hot Pocket or box of Barilla, take a break and get to mixing! Check out these sweet and savory Food Network recipes that will stretch your taste buds and help you ring in pumpkin season!

This recipe is everything but Pumpkin Impossible. Robert Irvine’s lasagna recipe pairs the large orange fruit with spicy Italian sausage and three cheeses. I bet you’ll go in for a second helping. 

Your friends are headed over to check out your new apartment. Impress them with this unexpected twist on one of their favorites: chips and dip!

Don’t be alarmed by this dish’s funky name. Anne Burrell’s grown-up pasta salad will trick you into eating your veggies and makes for great leftovers. For a vegetarian option, skip the pancetta!

You’ve been there: your stomach is growling in the middle of an hour-long class and the vending machine calls your name. For pumpkin on-the-go, whip up Alton Brown’s pumpkin seed brittle. Crunch!

At Happy Hour, this parfait is sure to impress. Top this delicious blend of spicy gingersnaps, canned pumpkin and smooth bourbon with whipped cream. Voilà!

This pumpkin cocktail certainly packs a punch. You’ll love this cinnamon, pineapple and pumpkin concoction. Add a splash of rum for a 21 & over twist.

If you thought pumpkin was just an iced coffee and muffin from Dunks, think again.

Kick off your fall semester with these delicious seasonal recipes!

Brilee Weaver

U Mass Amherst

Brilee is a Journalism and Storytelling double-major from Oxford, Massachusetts.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst