roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Don’t Drink Your Calories! The Best Hot Drinks at Starbucks Under 200 Calories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Who doesn’t love a hot, body-warming drink on a chilly winter day? It’s pretty impossible to resist the thought of one of the cute Starbucks holiday hot cups warming up your whole day, but what about all those empty calories? No fear, we know you collegiettes are trying to stay healthy, even if you need a bit of a sweet treat. We’re a strong advocate of the saying “don’t drink your calories,” and luckily Starbucks offers a number of hot drinks under 200 calories! Check out some of our favorites:

Nonfat Caramel Macchiato – 140 calories, 2g fat

Soy Tazo Chai Tea Latte – 180 calories, 2g fat

Skinny Vanilla Latte – 100 calories, 0g fat

Cappuccino with nonfat milk – 80 calories, 0g fat

Café Latte with nonfat milk – 130 calories, 0g fat

If you’re feeling less intricate, keep it simple with a plain hot coffee or tea! A tall drink ranges from just 0-5 calories and has no fat in it.

And a few more tips for cutting back on liquid calories:

Nix the whipped cream topping. You can save from 60-110 calories and 6-11g of fat depending on the size and type of drink! Also, switching from whole milk to non-fat milk will save you anywhere from 60-120 calories and 5-14g of fat depending on the size and type of the drink as well.

*Nutrition facts based on Tall serving size

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst