This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Most beauty products can be used for much more than their intended purpose. Here are some new ideas for something we all have: lotion!

1. Make DIY foundation by mixing lotion (Johnson’s Baby Lotion works well) with face powder to get a smooth matte finish for your skin.

2. You can make a hair de-frizzer by smoothing lotion onto hands and running them through your hair to get rid of frizz and make your hair extra shiny.

3. You can use lotion as shaving cream: it’s smooth, easy to apply, fragrant, and it moisturizes well. Conditioner is a good alternative for shaving cream, too.

4. Get rid of static electricity if a shirt, skirt, tights, or any item of clothing is sticking to you. Just put some lotion onto your hands and then rub your hands over your blouse or skirt.

5. To keep hands extra soft or soften up very dry hands, put lotion on before putting gloves or mittens on. This will keep the lotion in and the next time you put on the gloves, lotion will still be there to moisturize again. Or, do the same thing at night to keep them moisturized for hours on end.

6. Johnson’s Baby Lotion works as make-up remover, but the oil could make some girls break out, so test it out or just use it as a last resort.

Good luck testing these ideas out, Collegiettes!

Karen Podorefsky

U Mass Amherst

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst