Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

5 Trader Joe’s Recommendations From a Fellow Snacker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

My love story with Trader Joe’s began when I was three years old. I’d go to the store with my mom and we’d pick up some semi-healthy snacks at the end of every week. Appetizers and wine for my mom, cookies, and fruit leather for me. My taste has improved as I’ve aged, and so I’ve been able to perfect a list of my favorite Trader Joe’s snacks to give as recommendations for my friends, and now my readers. I urge everyone to give at least one of my five favorite snacks a try!

Trader Joe'S
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Rolled tortilla chips – chili and lime

Price: $2.99, Gluten Free

These rolled tortilla chips are the ultimate snack. The tangy lime along with the perfect amount of chili keep my taste buds happy and my stomach satiated. This snack is for the folks that aren’t a fan of REALLY spicy food (they are not too spicy, so you can eat a bunch, but definitely have water nearby!) These are very similar to Takis, but in my opinion, the price, health value, and snackability make it a superior snack.

Super Sour Scandinavian swimmers

Price: $3.49, Gluten Free, Kosher

This sour patch kid type of treat adds a spin on the OG Scandinavian Swimmers (check these out too!), adding a sour sugar coating that makes them even more delicious. The cute aquatic shapes, bright colors, and cool flavors make looking at these just as fun as eating them. The flavors offered are; red berry (starfish), huckleberry (dolphin), orange (tang fish), and strawberry (clamshell). Their unique thicker texture makes them more fun to eat in my opinion, and they make a perfect snack for when you’re craving something sweet, but also sour!

Crunchy curls

Price: $3.49, Vegan

I am sure many people have heard of these yummy lentil snacks, thanks to @brialem’s viral TikTok recommendation. At first, I thought, “What’s the hype?” but naturally, I caved and bought them. They did not disappoint! I introduced these to my vegan mom, and she was obsessed too. They are truly so good, and once I eat three I cannot put the bag down. I could eat an entire bag in one sitting they are so tasty! I’d compare them to the taste of yellow veggie sticks, such a simple classic! I’d strongly recommend grabbing a bag of these next time your local Trader Joe’s has them!

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

Price: $4.49

As a Reeses’ lover, these are one of my favorite simple Trader Joe’s treats! They are great for when you crave something sweet but want something easy and small. Sometimes, after dinner, I’ll grab one or two (and find myself wanting more). I have always been a dark chocolate girl, and the combination of dark chocolate and Trader Joe’s peanut butter is delectable. The ratio of peanut butter to chocolate is perfect, and it makes a great, healthier, alternative to Reeces. I also love the mini version of these!!

PB & J Snack Duo

Price: $3.99, Kosher

This snack reminds me of the original Nabisco breadsticks and cheese people always had in elementary school, and it shocks me every time I eat them because of how good they actually are. These come with six packages of six rolled wafer sticks with peanut butter in them accompanied by dipping raspberry jelly dip. I discovered them recently, and my friends and I have been obsessed ever since.

Trader Joe\'S
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Trader Joe’s has been a staple throughout most of my life. So if you’re a fan or are looking to go there for the first time, these recommendations are for you! Check one out if you’re looking for a fantastic snack for any occasion. I love them and you might too!

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets 

Marin Mercer

U Mass Amherst '26

Hi! I'm Marin Mercer, a freshman at Umass Amherst in the college of education! I love listening to music, reading, writing, and laughing with friends!