This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

If you’re a fellow Trader Joe’s fan, you’ve definitely heard of their popular Everything but the Bagel seasoning. This seasoning is such a fan favorite, that it has been turned into limited edition items available at Trader Joe’s, such as potato chips, yogurt dip, and smoked salmon. Those items go super fast, so here are some recipes you can make with the seasoning at home.

Avocado Toast

My favorite way to use EBTB seasoning is on avocado toast. I prefer two pieces of whole wheat toast with one avocado (half on each side), and an egg. I put the seasoning on the avocado, and place the egg on top. The seasoning includes salt, black sesame seeds, onion, garlic, and some other seeds as well. This adds the perfect amount of flavor to the toast, while also bringing out the flavors of the avocado and egg! Mix this recipe up by changing the way you cook your egg.

Goat Cheese Balls

Found yourself getting into charcuterie boards during quarantine? EBTB seasoning absolutely deserves a spot on your plate! This recipe is so simple, yet so flavorful and elegant! Grab some room temperature goat cheese, mold it into a ball, and then just roll it in a bit of the seasoning until covered. Store in the fridge until you are ready to serve. You can also try this with other cheeses for more variety, such as a combination of ricotta and cream cheese. These can be made into individual mini balls for each person, or one giant ball that everyone can cut into pieces for crackers!

Salmon

I only tried cooking EBTB seasoning on salmon one way, but I’m sure it could be done many different ways. The way I tried was on a filet of salmon with no skin on it. Wash the filet under cold water, and heat up a frying pan on medium heat with extra virgin olive oil. Then, cover the salmon on one side with the seasoning and a little bit of pepper. Remember; you don’t need any extra salt, because there is already some salt combined in the seasoning. Place the filet into the heated pan, and once it’s cooked halfway through, go ahead and flip it over. If you want even more flavor, add more seasoning and pepper to the other side! Cook it all the way through and it’s ready!

Sautéed Green Beans and Almonds

As a great side for the salmon, try sautéing some green beans and almonds with just a touch of EBTB. I love this side dish even without the seasoning, but it just made it that much better. Melt some butter in a pan, and then add your almonds, because they take a bit longer than the green beans. After about five minutes, mix in the green beans and add a few shakes of EBTB. When everything is looking and smelling good, just take it off the pan and enjoy!

Popcorn

Lastly, what better way to end an article than with a paragraph about dessert. Popcorn is a great way to enjoy EBTB seasoning as a dessert, or just a snack throughout the day! Simply make your popcorn, add some butter if there isn’t any already, and throw on as many shakes of EBTB as you like! I must say this was super tasty, and I will definitely be eating it again.

If you enjoy these recipes, be sure to snag some of Trader Joe’s limited edition Everything but the Bagel items in store.

Arete Giannetti

U Mass Amherst '23

Arete is currently a senior at UMass Amherst majoring in hospitality and tourism management. In addition to Her Campus, she is an RA on campus. In her free time, she loves to make playlists, play games, and watch Wheel of Fortune!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst