13 Things To Do If You’re At Home For Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

1. Room Re-Do

Clean out some old junk left over from high school, maybe try a new paint on the wall, or a whole new color scheme.

2. Shopping Spree

Spring is coming up, so that gives an excuse to go on a spring shopping spree to pick out some new bathing suits and cute warm weather outfits.

3. Crafting

Craft by yourself, craft with your friends, or even craft with the kids you’re babysitting.

4. Baking

Go crazy and turn your kitchen into a bakery, your family will love it.

5. Movie Marathon

Bond with some friends from home over a marathon of a show you all used to watch together. Maybe open a bottle of wine…that always makes things fun.

6. Visit Other Schools

If you could never find time during your busy semester, take this opportunity to go visit friends that go to other colleges.

7. Visit The North End

If you’re near Boston, and hungry, you should check out the North End. Indulge in some delicious Italian specialties like homemade pasta and chocolate covered cannolis. Is anything better than food?

8. Go on a Hike

Go outside and get some fresh air.

9. Try a New Do

Get a bold new hair cut.

10. Spa Day

Spend some bonding time with your family at the spa. Get a massage, get your nails done, pamper yourself.

11. Hit the Slopes

Nothing better than a day of skiing and snowboarding.

12. Get Ahead on Birthdays

Instead of scrambling at school to get a birthday gift together to send to your friend, prepare. Use time over spring break to get gifts together and save yourself from the stress later.

13. Play Sims

We were all obsessed with this game once, maybe it’s time we bring it back.

Enjoy your Spring Break Collegiettes!

Meredith Brady

U Mass Amherst

Hi!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst