This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

“I love y’all more than life itself” -Juice WRLD (last words)

*These lyrics and listening to these songs may put you in your feels* 

Lets face it, we all have that one artist that will just sing exactly what we are thinking at a certain moment. The late Jarad Anthony Higgns (aka Juice WRLD), may he rest in peace, just has some fire verses that will want you to keep listening. Not only does he have a very distinct voice and vibe, his music also addresses major issues such as depression and addiction. He has provided a voice to those who may be too afraid to speak up about their own personal pain. We all have an emo side that occasionally finds its way to the surface, especially when you are having one of those breakdowns where your heart feels like it’s physically breaking. Listening to Juice WRLD songs is the ultimate form of healing. 

Let’s vibe together and look at my top 10 personal favorite lyrics by Juice.

“This is the part where I take all my feelings and hide ’em / Cause I don’t want nobody to hurt me”

Song: “Wishing Well”

We all try to make it seem okay, but in reality we are afraid of exposing our feelings and getting hurt.

“I’ve seen my brothers fall, over and over again / Don’t stand too close to me, I got PTSD”

Song: “PTSD” (G Herbo ft Juice WRLD & Chance The Rapper & Lil Uzi Vert)

Juice WRLD has been through a lot, and he made it out of the life of gun violence and crime. He is proving those who have judged him wrong. This is still a powerful song for addressing the mental state of those who have experienced such trauma, despite the fact that Juice passed away from a seizure at 21 years of age.

“Too low in my life / Gotta stay high, gotta stay high”

Song: “Stay High”

This song does address substance abuse; however, Juice WRLD uses these lyrics to convey the message that drugs are not a coping mechanism. Rather, you should seek help when you are feeling low in your life. 

“Yeah, mama, your son too famous (yeah) he on everybody playlist”

Song: “Armed and Dangerous” 

“Armed and Dangerous” is very different from Juice Wrld’s traditional songs. It is more upbeat and fun to dance and sing along too. I like these lyrics because he is praising himself for making it so big and being on the playlists of millions.

“She tell me that I’m goin through the motions / Cause I ain’t even show no emotions”

Song: “No Emotion” 

These lyrics are relatable because it is so easy to get caught up in doing the same thing everyday and inevitably forgetting to feel actual emotions. 

“I’m in it to win it, I’ma be the best, yes, sir / Started from the bottom, I ain’t have no one, yes, sir”

Song: “Ransom” (Lil Tecca ft Juice Wrld)

The verse in “Ransom” is also upbeat and catchy because it tends to get stuck in your head. This part of the verse is significant because he is showing how he, like many artists, started from nothing with no one to guide him. Still, he made such a successful career through SoundCloud and sharing his voice with others.

“Hope you see the better in me, always end up betterin’ me”

Song: “Come & Go”(ft. Marshmello)

The person Juice is singing about has had a positive influence in his life. Sometimes, all it takes is one person to bring out the best version of you.

“You let me know love is not the answer”

Song: “Robbery”

Sometimes love doesn’t work out and that’s okay. Everything happens for a reason, and if a relationship ends, it most likely was not meant to be.

“I’m a whole different person / You’re a gift not a curse, oh my god, you are so worth it”

Song: “Robbery” (freestyle/alternate ending)

This is the sweetest verse by Juice because he sang it to his girlfriend Ally Lotti at a concert up on stage. He also managed to freestyle with no background music in front of thousands of his fans which is yet another reason to admire his voice. He basically tells Ally that she is completely worth it and he’s not going anywhere, which is every girl’s dream. No to mention it was at a concert.

“I want you to prosper and come proper / Even if that means I ain’t by your side”

Song: “Smile” (with The Weeknd)

Although Juice is talking about no longer being with his lover, he is being optimistic in this song because he still wants them to be successful after his death.

Juice WRLD is a rapper and artist whose music led him to become a legend. While his music was about heavy topics, he did manage to make some light songs about love that would make a girl smile. He also collaborated with other artists such as The Weeknd, Halsey, and Lil Tecca. I am absolutely heartbroken over his death back in December 2019. Fortunately, his music did not pass away with him, and new songs and collabs were released to bless us with such a soulful and passionate voice. His first posthumous album, Legends Never Die, was released in July 2020. Sources have also verified that Juice WRLD Has Another Posthumous Album on the Way.

Nevertheless, Juice Wrld sang it best: “We keep on losing our legends too.” Lets take a moment to pay tribute to yet another fallen legend.

Harneet Kaur

U Mass Amherst '24

Harneet Kaur is a Senior at UMass Amherst majoring in marketing in the Isenberg School of Management. She is extremely excited to be writing for Her Campus and thinks it's a great way to kick off her time at UMass. Along with writing, she enjoys listening to music, walking her dog, and playing the guitar in her free time.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst