University Language Classes As Told By “Gilmore Girls”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

To meet general education requirements here at the University of Iowa, you must have either four years of a foreign language from high school or complete the four semester requirement at the university. For those of us that may not of finished the requirements in high school or are just starting out with a new language in college, university language classes aren’t typically your favorite. So to illustrate what we are all thinking and feeling, there’s no one better than the Gilmore girls.

When you think it is a good idea to take an 8 a.m. language class

When you see your friend is taking the same class as you

When your professor speaks so fast you can’t even understand them

How your professor looks when you butcher their language

How you feel after your first exam

How you deal with failing your first exam

Then you move on to your oral exam

When you find a good partner to study with

And you study

And study

Then study some more

But when you pass…

It’s all worth it in the end.

My name is Sarah Pippin, and I am from Marshalltown Iowa. I am studying Communications with a Writing Certificate in Writing for Media, and a minor in Cinematic Arts at the University of Iowa. I am involved in service projects around campus and Iowa City as a member of Alpha Phi Omega Omicron. I also host Pippin Talk a talk show on Saturday's from 11am-12 on KRUI Iowa City 89.7 FM. I LOVE all things makeup and fashion. You can check out my blog at http://sispip85.wix.com/allmadeup I am an avid Grey's Anatomy, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Gossip Girl, and Gilmore Girls fan.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.